They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera

e-Audio, 368 pages
Release Date: September  5, 2017
Published by: HarperTeen
Read from: October 25-28, 2017
Stand-alone
Source:  Overdrive
For fans of: Romance, Grief, Friendship, YA



     On September 5, a little after midnight, Death-Cast calls Mateo Torrez and Rufus Emeterio to give them some bad news: They're going to die today. Mateo and Rufus are total strangers, but, for different reasons, they're both looking to make a new friend on their End Day. The good news: There's an app for that. It's called the Last Friend, and through it, Rufus and Mateo are about to meet up for one last great adventure and to live a lifetime in a single day.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I was so super excited about this book, but it came right around the time Harvey ruined everything so I'm just now getting to it. And I'm glad I didn't leave it out. Although it completely broke me, I totally loved this book.
     I think what I loved most about this book was the plot behind it. I remember while I was listening that I was trying to think long and hard about what I would do if I knew it was my last day on Earth. I couldn't imagine having to go through any of the things that Mateo and Rufus had to go through. My heart was broken from just the synopsis. I haven't read anything like this before. I ended up really liking this fresh, heartbreaking, unique story. 
     I also really loved the characters. Both the main characters had so much growth throughout the entire book. It was mostly because of what they were going through, but who cares? They learned so much about each other and God I was so happy that they each had the other. I couldn't imagine going through that alone you know? 
     The ending broke me. Adam, I just want you to know that I finished listening to this while at work. I had the entire workroom coming to ask me if I was ok or if I needed napkins. I don't know why I do things like this to myself. (When I read The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner while driving to work... If you read it, you know why this is relevant lol) But even though the ending broke me, it was exactly what I expected. I mean it is an Adam Silvera book. 
     Lastly, I loved the way this was written. It was so different by being told by all the different POV's. They all connected in some way and I loved that. Being able to see the same story from someone else's eyes is such an interesting concept. I love being inside the other character's head to see how they view the situations! 
     This book was exactly what I needed. I loved this fresh idea and I loved seeing how Adam wrote it even more. This will undoubtedly go down as one of my favorites of the year!
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , , , , , , ,