Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm

e-ARC, 320 pages
Release Date: December 19, 2017
Published by: Disney Hyperion 
Read from: December 9-12, 2017
Stand-alone
Source: Netgalley
For fans of: Contemporary, Romance, YA 



     Someday I want to live in a place where I never hear “You’re Dusty’s sister?” ever again.
Life is real enough for Dylan—especially as the ordinary younger sister of Dusty, former Miss Mississippi and the most perfect, popular girl in Tupelo. But when Dusty wins the hand of the handsome Scottish laird-to-be Ronan on the TRC television network’s crown jewel, Prince in Disguise, Dylan has to face a different kind of reality: reality TV.
     As the camera crew whisks them off to Scotland to film the lead-up to the wedding, camera-shy Dylan is front and center as Dusty’s maid of honor. The producers are full of surprises—including old family secrets, long-lost relatives, and a hostile future mother-in-law who thinks Dusty and Dylan’s family isn’t good enough for her only son. At least there’s Jamie, an adorably bookish groomsman who might just be the perfect antidote to all Dylan’s stress . . . if she just can keep TRC from turning her into the next reality show sensation.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     When I first heard of this book I wasn't in too much of a hurry to read it. Not too many people were talking about it so it wasn't high on my TBR. But then I ended up reading the first couple pages... and then I kept reading and reading. 
"I needed the camera to be gone yesterday. Being sixteen was excruciating enough on its own without having to worry about avoiding cameramen who could preserve every awkward moment..'"
1%
     Dylan is the sister of the beautiful "Miss Mississippi," Dusty, who has also landed a "Prince in Disguise," a reality TV show and a husband. Dylan is to be Dusty's maid-of-honor, so they fly to Scotland.... Where Dylan's world is filmed for the entire world to see. She's not excited about being there, but there is one thing that's keeping her happy: Jaime. 
"Ronan seemed nice, but he was probably insane. You don't marry someone you just met. Did they not have Frozen in Scotland?'"
3%
     As such a huge fan of contemps, I can honestly say that this was utterly fantastic. I was hooked. It had everything that I love about contemps, from the swoons, to the laughs, to getting mad at the characters and their stubborness. And it was an added bonus that it was a holiday read too! It was in a very cold setting, but it will make you feel warm! (Yeah that was cheesy, but it's true! lmfao)
"When Ronan rold me he was bringing home a girl called Dusty," she continued, "I thought, Dead God, is it Cinderella?" Her laugh sounded like ice cubes tumbling into a glass. No one else joined in.'"
18%
     I also loved the characters! The main characters and all the supporting characters were what made the story for me. I liked even the smallest characters and those that weren't introduced until a good portion of the book was over. Everyone had such an important role and I loved reading about everyone. 
"I was going to be Dusty's dumb sister. The comic relief. The stupid American. Ugh. I didn't need any help looking like an idiot. Clearly, I couldn manage that perfectly on my own.'"
27%
     I know I like a book based on how much I have highlighted. In this one, there were times when I had alsmost entire pages highlighted! Strohm haad so many great quotes and I wanted to remember them ALL. Granted most of them just made me laugh so hard I had tears leaking down my face, but I still wanted to remember them all. 
"Unless I was mistake, the trim of his navy pajamas matched the tartan of his bathrobe. He was more coordinated for sleep than I usually was for a school day.'"
29%
     Then there was the romance. Ok, it's RARE that I tell my husband about something that one character did and even he says, "What kind of teen is he? He made ME swoon." lmao That's how I KNOW it was super sweet! And I also loved how it just got swoonier and swoonier. By the end of the book I was literally smiling ear to ear! 
"My oldest memory of Dusty's oldest friend was watching her eat a crayon in our living room. If this was the future of medicine, I feared for the human race.'"
39%
     Being honest, there wasn't anything that I didn't like about this book. From the very beginning I liked it, and I'm sure that everyone else will too! 
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , , , ,