Three Sides of a Heart edited by Natalie C. Parker

e-Audio, 13 hours
Release Date: December 19, 2017
Published by: HarperCollins
Read from: January 20-26, 2018
Stand-alone
Source: Hoopla Digital (Library)
For fans of:  Romance, Anthologies, Paranormal, Fantasy, Love Triangles, YA

     You may think you know the love triangle, but you've never seen love triangles like these.
These top YA authors tackle the much-debated trope of the love triangle, and the result is sixteen fresh, diverse, and romantic stories you don’t want to miss.
      This collection, edited by Natalie C. Parker, contains stories written by Renee Ahdieh, Rae Carson, Brandy Colbert, Katie Cotugno, Lamar Giles, Tessa Gratton, Bethany Hagan, Justina Ireland, Alaya Dawn Johnson, EK Johnston, Julie Murphy, Garth Nix, Natalie C. Parker, Veronica Roth, Sabaa Tahir, and Brenna Yovanoff.
     A teen girl who offers kissing lessons. Zombies in the Civil War South. The girl next door, the boy who loves her, and the girl who loves them both. Vampires at a boarding school. Three teens fighting monsters in an abandoned video rental store. Literally the last three people on the planet.
     What do all these stories have in common?
     The love triangle.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I say all the time that I'm not a huge fan of love triangles, but something told me to try this one anyways. To be honest, there were some surprises in there, and some I could have done without hearing, but overall, it wasn't BAD. Now someone screenshot this for proof that I said it lol
     Now it's not that I think love triangles aren't realistic, I'm just tired of them being done. After Twilight, they were in everything and it just got to be eye-roll worthy. But some of these I was really impressed with because they were so different from the ordinary. For instance, the one by Katie Cotugno and Julie Murphy were different from the same types of love triangles and I REALLY want to see more like those happen. (Two girls and a guy!) 
     Then there was the ones I didn't really care for. Some of them were really basic which I didn't have a problem with, and others were like WTF was this lol For instance, the one where there was only two dudes and one girl left in the unverse and they had to restore humanity. Yeah, I wasn't here for it. But overall, it was just enough of the good ones to keep me entertained.
     What I liked most about this tho was how diverse it was. There was literally something for EVERYONE in this anthology. There was ethnic diversity, sexual orientation diversity, and so much more. For the most part, whether or not you like love triangles, the stories are interesting and diverse enough to hook you and keep you interested. You just have to find the right story for you. Maybe you won't make it through all of them, but flipping through them and finding the one for you works just as well. 
     This was a book I never thought I'd read, but I can honestly say I will be hounding the authors for a bit more of certain stories. I loved how well developed and put together these stories were to be short stories. 
Overall I give this,


Labels: ,