Top Ten New to Me Authors I Read in 2017!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Top Ten New to Me Authors I Read in 2017!

I tried to choose authors that weren't debuts so they weren't really new to EVERYBODY. But I didn't realize how many of them there were!  I was late to the party on alot of authors! This is why I love blogging; I find out about so many great authors and books! 

Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1)Prince in Disguise
1. Neal Shusterman: When I picked up Scythe, I had no idea I was going to fall for it like I did. Even after finishing it I was a bit conflicted on what I thought about it lol Now I'm super anxious to get Thunderhead in my hands! (So soon though!!!) 

2. Stephanie Kate Strohm: I'm pretty sure I'm going to be thinking about Prince in Disguise for a very long time. I could not put this book down and it made me add everything Strohm has written to my TBR pile and I will most definitely make time for them sometime this year. 

Long Way DownShadowshaper (Shadowshaper, #1)
3. Jason Reynolds: As an African American reader I'm a bit ashamed that I hadn't read anything by Reynolds before. But I can't imagine a better book to start with. I have now added all books by Reynolds (both MG and YA) to my TBR and I cannot wait to get to them! (The first up will be All American Boys)

4. Daniel Jose Older: I cannot believe I waited SO LONG to read his words. Once I started this series, I knew I was going to want to read everything that he had written. 

I Believe in a Thing Called LoveWant (Want, #1)

5. Maurene Goo: As a lover of rom coms, I am appalled that I hadn't read anything by her before. But better late than never right? And for rom coms, I don't think there is a better one than this one. 

6. Cindy Pon: I must say, I don't really know what made me want to read this so bad. It's sci fi and I am normally not one to like sciency stuff. But this one just sounded awesome and I needed to know more about it. Now I need to know more about Cindy Pon!

Letters to the LostThe Serpent King
7. Brigid Kemmerer: I cannot tell you how many books of hers I had added to my TBR before. But for whatever reason, I had just never gotten around to them. But now, I can definitely say I'll be reading all her backlist if they're anything like this one! 

8. Jeff Zentner: I saw the awards that this book was recieving and I knew I needed it. I got it from the library and immediately fell in love with it and Zentner! 

The Darkest CornersStalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)

9. Kara Thomas: After I read this book I was super shocked that she had more books out. I can't believe I hadn't read them or even heard of them. So, I decided to just read all thst she had!

10. Kerri Maniscalco: I grabbed the first book by Maniscalco at TLA 2016 and never read it until 2017. Why? I'm not sure. But as soon as I read it I knew I needed book 2. And when I got book 2 at TLA and read it, I now know I need book 3 lol 

What about you?

Labels: