TTT: Books I've Decided I'm no Longer Interested in!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by Jana at That Artsy Reader GirlEach week she will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books I've Decided I'm no Longer Interested in!

Don't Breathe a WordWhite Cat (Curse Workers, #1)

1. Don't Breathe a Word by Holly Cupala: I'm not a huge fan of books that feature teens with a lot of drinking and drug use. (Yes I know it happens, but it's a personal preference. Please do not comment saying that its not realistic.) I've heard there is a lot of both in this book and that's just not my jam so I've decided to pass on it.

2. White Cat by Holly Black: I haven't had much luck with Black, really and I'm not trying to upset anymore people because I don't love her words like they do. She's a great person IRL, but I'm sadly just not a fan. (Sad thing is I own almost all her books but I DNF'ed the majority of them lol) 

The Hearts We SoldGirl Out of Water

3. The Hearts we Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones: I really loved the beginning, but as the book went on I just wasn't interested anymore. I thought maybe it was because all that I was going through at the time, but no. It just didn't appeal to me anymore. 

4. Girl out of Water by Laura Silverman: I had heard this was such a good book and I wanted to love it because of all the trolls out there being trolls, but the writing style didn't work for me. I even tried two different versions, the physical and the audio. It just didn't work for me. 

Jek/HydeSomeone to Love

5. Jek/ Hyde by Amy Ross: I really thought this book would be good, but it was another filled with excessive drug use and I wasn't a fan. This one definitely wasn't for me. 

6. Someone to Love by Melissa dela Cruz: Another one that's a personal call for me. I have a hard time reading about people with eating disorders because I know someone who went through that and it's just too hard. This is one of those books. 

The Tiger's Daughter (Their Bright Ascendency, #1)The Art of Starving

7. The Tiger's Daughter by K. Arsenault Rivera: So many people (including myself) were excitd for this book, but most of the people I saw that reviewed it gave it two stars or less. And as someone who doesn't exactly LOVE fantasy ANYWAY..... Yeah I just decided against reading it in the end. 

8. The Art of Starving by Sam J. Miller: I wanted to give it a shot because of the LGBTQ and magical realism, but I just couldn't get past the eating disorder. It was just too hard. 

Hearts & Other Body PartsOverdrive

9. Hearts and Other Body Parts by Ira Bloom: I think I only made it about 15 pages in before I laughed manically, shut it, and drove back to the library to return it. Just, no. 

10. Overdrive by Dawn Ius: I remember adding this only because I had just read her retelling, Anne & Henry. I was NOT really sold on it but I didn't want to not give her another chance. But then the cover for this one came out and I promptly deleted it off my TBR. I hated the cover and I'm not ashamed to say I stopped being interested because of it. 


What books are you no longer interested in? 

Labels: