Top Ten Books that Surprised Me! (In a Good or Bad Way)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by Jana at That Artsy Reader GirlEach week she will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books that Surprised Me! (In a Good or Bad Way)

Batman: Nightwalker (DC Icons, #2)Prince in Disguise

1. Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu: I've finished only one book by Lu, and this one was it. That's why I was so surprised about it lol 

2. Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm: Bruh, I never would've thought I would have loved this as much as I did, but I fell in LOVE with this book. It was hilarious and it was so sweet. It was amazing and of course now I want to read it again. 

Top ElfRenegades (Renegades, #1)

3. Top Elf by Caleb Zane Huett: One of the only MG books that I read last year and I LOVED it! It was super funny and had the cutest little elves. Why don't more people write books about elves and Santa competitions? 

4. Renegades by Marissa Meyer: As a Meyer fan, I wasn't surprised that I liked this one. I was not prepared however, for the ending. It surprised the CRAP out of me. So much so that I shouted "WHAT?!" in the middle of the bus we were on. (We were on our way to New Orleans smh lol) 

An Enchantment of RavensLong Way Down

5. An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson: I was definitely surprised that I didn't care for this book as much as everyone else. I'm beginning to think I just don't care for fae. (Save for my fae husband, Rhys lol) 

6. Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds: I LOVED this! It's a novel in verse so I wasn't expecting to like it so much. (I normally don't care for verse) But this one surprised me. It was told in a way that I had never read before, and it's now one of my favorites. 

Turtles All the Way DownAlex and Eliza (Alex & Eliza, #1)

7. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green: I liked some of his work, but others not so much. But this one seemed to tell the story of me. It depicts my struggle with anxiety and when I go into "rabbit holes" and don't sleep and such, and I wish I had had this back when I was a teen. 

8. Alex and Eliza: A Love Story by Melissa de la Cruz: If you know me, you know I HATE historical fiction. The only reason I even decided to read this was because I had a huge test to do and it was the only audiobook I hadn't read that was available. 

When We CollidedStalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1)
9. When We Collided by Emery Lord: Again I have always been a fan of Lord's, but I was not expecting to love this one THIS much. It was so interesting to see so much of me in Vivi and I wish I had this book as a teen. 

10. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco: Another book that I LOVE that was so shocking because I hate historical fiction. I have come to the realization that as long as there is another component (like a mystery of love story) than I may come to actually like it. 

What books surprised you?
Any of these surprise you as well?


Labels: