Book Blogger Hop: GOAT!

           
Book Blogger Hop

What's your proudest blogging milestone or
achievement? 


  I have a couple of them, so I'll number them off! 

1. When I got my blog's name in the Scarlet paperback. I showed Marissa Meyer my blog was in it as well and she underlined it and signed Thank you next to it! It was pretty awesome seeing my name in my favorite book of the series!

2. I met Emery Lord and gave her a bookmark business card after being super extra to volunteer in her line for her awesome book, When We Collided. Some time later she mentioned coming across my bookmark again and I fangirled. I'm pretty sure I made it weird, and for that I'm sorry lol I just couldn't believe she remembered me!



3.This last one happened just recently. I was trying to get the job that I have now. I had to go through 2 rounds of interviews, one being with the overall Director of our Library system. He saw that I mentioned my blog on my resume and cover letter and was interested in looking at it. He pulled it up on his phone, saw how long I had been doing it and saw how it's changed over the years and said he was actually impressed. Then he said, "The best way to promote the product, is to know the product, and it looks like you're doing your part in learning it." And I got the job! It may seem like a lot of work, but I've had my blog for 8 years and it's cost ALOT (MONEY AND TIME) but now I have a job doing what I love, for teens who now have a space; a non-judgmental place to be. I never realized that I could use my blog to get the job of my dreams!


What about you?

Labels: