The President is Missing by James Patterson and Bill Clinton

e-Audio, 12 hours-55 minutes
Release Date: June 4, 2018
Published by: Little Brown and Company (Blackstone Publishing) 
Read from: July 18-27, 2018
Stand-alone
Source: Library (Overdrive)
TW: N/A
For fans of: Mystery, Thriller, Cyber Terrorism, Politics, Adult

     President Bill Clinton and bestselling novelist James Patterson have written a spellbinding thriller, The President is Missing.
     As the novel opens, a threat looms. Enemies are planning an attack of unprecedented scale on America. Uncertainty and fear grip Washington. There are whispers of cyberterror and espionage and a traitor in the cabinet. The President himself becomes a suspect, and then goes missing...
     Set in real time, over the course of three days, The President Is Missing is one of the most dramatic thrillers in decades. And it could all really happen. The President Is Missing is Bill Clinton and James Patterson's totally authentic and spellbinding thriller.

*MY THOUGHTS*

      When I heard this was going to be a thing, I was ALL. IN. Unfortunately, this just didn't do it for me. Even though I am a Democrat through and through, I just could NOT with this one. 
     Cyber terror is on the horizon and the President's cabinet has no idea. The President gets a strange message that puts him on high alert. Everyone becomes a suspect.... Even the President himself. And then things get really interesting once the President goes missing...
     Ok, so I was really into this when I read the premise.... Even if I am OVER the cyber-terror approach when it comes to political thrillers. But because this is James Patterson and Bill Clinton, I really was excited about it. However, this was not what I was expecting. Starting with the plot. For instance, the book was called The President is Missing....However, the President didn't even go missing until about 45% into the book. It just seemed like wayyyyy too much back story. 
     And then the info-dumps...... My goodness. I'm almost positive that if they cut out the first 100 pages of the book and some more out of the middle would have made this better than it was. It just seemed like the book went on and on and on about the President and how they want to impeach him (yes, that was in the book...) and his disease and more. Too much droning on and it made it super boring.
     Lastly, at the end, the plot twist seemed so hidden in the extraness of the story, that I had to stop and think about who they were. (They only went by the name, not what they did.) However, it was a surprise, so I was happy for that. I didn't guess who it was and that's always a welcome surprise when I don't guess.
     With James Patterson I was expecting the President to be missing and the Cabinet working to find him and the entire United States to be in a panic. However, that was not what I got. I'm not sure if that tainted my entire look at the book or if it was really just not that great. Whatever the case may be, this one just wasn't for me. 
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , , ,