TTT: Back to School or Learning Freebie- Top 10 Books I'd Use for a Book Club!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by Jana at That Artsy Reader GirlEach week she will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Back to School or Learning Freebie-
Top 10 Books I'd Use for a Book Club!

As a librarian, I get to hold a book club at my branch. For my teens, I have a lot of movie watchers, so we've decided on a "Read the Movie" Book Club. Here's some of the ones I have in mind!

Image result for wonder woman movieImage result for right facing arrowWonder Woman: Warbringer (DC Icons, #1)
1. Wonder Woman & Wonder Woman: Warbringer: Do I really need to say anything about this? I mean come on, I'm sure you knew that I was going to have this on here somewhere lol This is the one we're coming up with in September and so far I've got a bunch of people interested in at least the movie. 
Image result for i kill giants movieImage result for right facing arrowI Kill Giants

2. I Kill Giants & I Kill Giants by Joe Kelly: I have a bunch of teens in my TAG group, and alot of them were really interested in this one for some reason. I t seems like something that'd be cool for October. Especially since the giants make an appearance and we can't really tell if this is fantasy or real life.....

Image result for beautiful creatures movieImage result for right facing arrowBeautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)

3. Beautiful Creatures & Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl: This was requested for us to read and watch. Not my favorite, but the girl who requested it really likes the books, so I'm going to give in obvs. 

Image result for love simonImage result for right facing arrowSimon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood, #1)

4. Love, Simon & Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: I just recently watched this again, and I still want to watch 1,000 more times. I think I loved this movie more than the book. 

Image result for ready player one posterImage result for right facing arrowImage result for ready player one book
5. Ready Player One & Ready Player One by Ernest Cline: And maybe this will force me to read it because I haven't yet. But I'm not a fan of 80's references and things of that sort, so that's why I've been hesitant, but my teens like the fact that it has to do with gaming, so we added it to the list.

Image result for To All the Boys I Loved Before movie posterImage result for right facing arrowImage result for To All the Boys I Loved Before movie poster
6. To All the Boys I've Loved Before & To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han: Another case where I actually liked the movie more than the book. But to be fair, this movie was just really, REALLY cute. 


Those that I will pair together Later On!
Related imageImage result for right facing arrowThe Hate U Give

7. The Hate U Give and The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas: I won't be able to give everyone a ticket to go see it, HOWEVER, I AM going to buy some tickets for the movie and do a giveaway for them at the meeting before the movie comes out. If there's more than one of them that wants to see it, I will more than likely convince them all to go see it together if they can. 

Image result for miles morales movie 2018Image result for right facing arrowMiles Morales

8. Miles Morales (the Animated Movie) & Miles Morales: Spiderman by Jason Reynolds: I really love Spiderman, but I was getting kind of burnt out on him since he was in movies and books. But then Miles Morales the book came out and then I heard about the movie too and all was right with the world.

Image result for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald movie posterImage result for right facing arrowFantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay

9. Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald & Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling: I don't like to read stories told in screenplay form, but its a fast read and I think the teens will enjoy it just like they like the original story. 

Image result for right facing arrowMonster

10. Monster & Monster by Walter Dean Myers: I really need to read this and I feel like this will be the way for me to do it. When it finally comes out I will most definitely pair the two of these together

What about you?
 Any of these you would use for YOUR book club?