Book Blogger Hop: I Will NOT Live in a Time Where There's no Books!

Book Blogger Hop

You are suddenly transported into a future time in which (horrors!) books are unknown. How would you explain books, and how wonderful they are, to the people of that time?


     I'd probably explain it just the same way I do now to people who don't read. I explain that movies are just watching someone else's idea of something happening, but with books you get to design it all. And it's so much better to be able to read about the setting and and imagine being there with all your might. Or read about the creepy monster in the book and put your own spin on it. And just everything else and put your own spin on it. I think monsters are more frightening if you add a bit of something you are scared of as well. But that's just me. Books are awesome because they help you see other people's creativity, but you also get to explore your own.
     Also, with books I've been hundreds of people in hundreds of ways and have learned so many cultures and gone so many places. My favorite way to explain what this is like is the "windows and mirrors theory." "Windows" give the reader a clear view to look into the character's life and their culture and get a better understanding people other than themselves. "Mirrors" give a reflection of how their own life might look to someone in a way to "enlighten and uplift." I don't think I could come up with a better way to say that. EVER. 
Some of my favorite books that helped me explore my own creativity and showed me "windows and mirrors" are: 
 The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1)


SUPER sorry I got so long-winded. And if I didn't make any sense. If you need more explanation, I might be able to explain it more in just talking lol Or maybe not. Maybe I'll just answer "books are good." lol 

What about you?
What would you say?

Labels: