Epic Reads Meet Up!

Image result for epic reads

     This past Thursday was SUPER fun! I have never been to an Epic Reads tour stop before because they're normally super far from me, but this time was a bit different...... It was still super far from me (I was in traffic for over an hour to just go to the other side of Houston...) but this time was entirely worth it. I got to meet Mackenzi Lee and other Epic Reads authors and hear and learn about some more books!

   The cool thing about this signing was there were 4 different authors and they all had 10 minutes to talk to their group about their book and answer questions we had about their books. Basically like speed dating for books. It was super cool and gave me some very neat ideas on how to run my Book Tasting for next week at the library! 

Image result for epic reads meet up

     Anywho, these are the authors that came: Mackenzie Lee, Claire Legrand, ElanaK. Arnold, Ana Godberson, and Kendare Blake! They were all super fun and they all have such amazing books! I talked my Friends of the Library into buying one book for my teens, and they all voted on Lady's Guide.  (They all loved the funny parts in Gentleman's Guide so they wanted the second one) But for next time, as soon as I'm approved to go, I'm going to get whichever one they want because they were all sold out! So I ended up trying to get a pretty HC of Sawkill Girls. AND THAT WAS SOLD OUT TOO. So I'll just order one for them at a later time. We got the first one with a super cute sticker as a PB. I'll add it to their giveaway pile for them. I'm sure they'll read it again!


   I ended up getting my ARC copy of Sawkill Girls signed tho, so it all in all wasn't too bad. I decided I would order that one later too because it was soooo good! Also, I wanted to show her my tabs that I had in her book and she was super interested in finding out what I tabbed. Talk about fangirling lolol But y'all, if you haven't read Sawkill Girls, DO IT. Super creepy and so weird, but so good. Perfect book to start October with. (Also, can we talk about how incredibly sweet Claire Legrand is? She gave me the most perfect sign on my copy of Sawkill Girls and both her and Elana gave me some awesome bookmarks to take back to my teens! They are going to be so excited! Thank you all you awesome ladies! 



Image result for lauren oliver broken things tour Houston

   The next thing that Blue Willow has is a signing with Lauren Oliver! I wanted to go, but I can't get off work in time. (I had to leave an hour early last time) I hope to get her book soon! 

I didn't take many pictures because I was a bit late, but it was still super fun! Blue Willow has lots of other events planned (like Jasmine Guillory is coming on the 29th and I DIEEEEEEEEEEE.) that I plan on definitely going to in the future! If you're in the area, you can find more events at their website! Click their picture to find out what else they're doing!



Have you been to an Epic Reads Meet Up? 
Which authors did you meet?
Have you met any of these authors? 
Tell me in the comments! 

Labels: