Stacking the Shelves #289 & the Weekly Wrap-Up!

This bookish meme tells the blogosphere what all we borrowed, bought, and received for review. It's hosted over at Tynga's Reviews.

From the Library:

The Night DiaryThe Death of Mrs. Westaway

Bought:
 The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue (Montague Siblings, #1)

Note to self....When you're going to an event at a smallish book store, pre-order! But in my defense, I didn't realize I was going until the last minute. My Friends of the Library decided to buy one book for my teens so I could go, but both of the ones they wanted were sold out. (They wanted Lady's Guide or Sawkill Girls) I ended up buying a personal copy of Gentleman's Guide and returning the check for them. I ended up just ordering those two for a giveaway at the library! 

The Weekly Wrap-Up:

Tuesday 10/02/18: Top Ten Authors I'd Like to Meet!
Wednesday 10/03/18: Waiting on Wednesday: Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
Friday 10/05/18: Book Blogger Hop: Urban Fantasy or Horror?!
 Saturday 10/06/18: Sawkill Girls by Claire Legrand

Me on Instagram:



I posted my most recent 3 month check in on my challenges that I have in my book journal! 
I also posted how I almost had Bingo on time lolol


If you've read this book, you know how creepy it is. So when I came inside after an afternoon of reading outside while my dog played and this followed me in, I was a bit nervous. And this actually happened the day the book came out, so I think he was just saying Happy Book Birthday! 


I was lucky to see The Hate U Give early on the 2nd with my movie critic/ librarian friend. She had an extra ticket and she picked me to go with her!!!! And let me just tell you..... IT WAS AMAZING! 



Halloween is coming to our library! My coworker has started decorating and I am super excited about it! I can't wait to show y'all the final product! (The second pic is just a close up of my favorite part of the display. For more pics, go to my Instagram to check it out!



This week was actually a very bookish, very fun one. There was an Epic Reads meet up on Thursday at Blue Willow Bookshop here in Houston. I had a raging migraine that day, but I was super excited to meet Mackenzi Lee and Claire Legrand! (Also, I did NOT know that Claire Legrand was also a librarian, so that was cool! She loved my tabs I had in my copy of Sawkill Girls!) 

*I will do a full write up on this probably tomorrow! 


We had a YA meeting this Friday in Humble. This meeting was the most fun! We had escape room training! I haven't ever been to one, but I have put one together, so I finally got to see both sides of it! And to top it off, my team finished first so we got a really cool water bottle and a t-shirt!

What went on at your blog this week?!


Labels: