Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas

Audio, 18 CD's
Release Date: November 7, 2017
Published by: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Read from: October 1-25, 2018
Throne of Glass, #6
Source: Library
TW:  N/A
For fans of: Fantasy, Romance, YA

     In the next installment of the New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series, follow Chaol on his sweeping journey to a distant empire.
     Chaol Westfall has always defined himself by his unwavering loyalty, his strength, and his position as the Captain of the Guard. But all of that has changed since the glass castle shattered, since his men were slaughtered, since the King of Adarlan spared him from a killing blow, but left his body broken.
     His only shot at recovery lies with the legendary healers of the Torre Cesme in Antica—the stronghold of the southern continent's mighty empire. And with war looming over Dorian and Aelin back home, their survival might lie with Chaol and Nesryn convincing its rulers to ally with them.
     But what they discover in Antica will change them both—and be more vital to saving Erilea than they could have imagined.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     When this book first came out it was really close to the ending of a hurricane that hit my area and I was taking a major test, so I never got around to it. I finally got around to it, and for the most part, I'm a little underwhelmed. 
     Chaol Westfall, the former Captain of the Guard, has been sent to the Torre Cesme in hopes that the healers there can heal him and maybe he can convince them to join their side in the war. What him and Nesryn find there is so much more than what they expected. 
     One thing I've noticed is that most people only liked this if they were #TeamChaol. As someone who isn't I found this to be boring and I found myself rolling my eyes alot. This could have definitely been about 300 pages shorter, and it could have been a novella. 
     Another thing I didn't care for was the way I didn't really get that much new information from this book to be 18 freaking CD's. The plot moved in true Sarah J. Maas fashion, and when the climax came, it only scared me because giant arachnids were involved. I honestly felt like it was written for those that were upset when they thought Chaol wouldn't make it to the next book. 
     Now the small bit of information that was uncovered was good. I can't wait to see how she uses it in Kingdom of Ash. It'll be interesting to see how things all come together once Chaol relays everything he's learned to their army. 
     Although I could have done without this book, I'm still excited to see what happens with everyone in the next book. So far it's going better than this one and I'm excited to see how Maas ties up the entire series with her series finale.
Overall, I give this



Labels: , , ,