Intercepted by Alexa Martin

Audio, 9 hr. 14 min.
Release Date: September 11,2018
Published by: Berkley Books
Read from: November 4-10, 2018
Playbook, #1
Source: Library (e-ARC from Netgalley) 
TW:  Cheating significant other
For fans of: Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Adult

     Marlee thought she scored the man of her dreams only to be scorched by a bad breakup. But there's a new player on the horizon, and he's in a league of his own...
     Marlee Harper is the perfect girlfriend. She's definitely had enough practice by dating her NFL-star boyfriend for the last ten years. But when she discovers he has been tackling other women on the sly, she vows to never date an athlete again. There's just one problem: Gavin Pope, the new hotshot quarterback and a fling from the past, has Marlee in his sights.
     Gavin fights to show Marlee he's nothing like her ex. Unfortunately, not everyone is ready to let her escape her past. The team's wives, who never led the welcome wagon, are not happy with Marlee's return. They have only one thing on their minds: taking her down. But when the gossip makes Marlee public enemy number one, she worries about more than just her reputation.
     Between their own fumbles and the wicked wives, it will take a Hail Mary for Marlee and Gavin's relationship to survive the season.

*MY THOUGHTS*

    This book was so different than what I'm used to reading. Even though this encompasses so many things I love, I still have never read anything like this before. And though it wasn't perfect, it was still a very entertaining, very good read.  
     Marlee is an amazing girlfriend and it shows since she's been with her boyfriend for 10 years. But then things in this relationship goes awry. And as it turns out, someone has been there the entire time. Gavin has been trying so hard to show Marlee that he's not at all like the guy who she was with beforehand. But with all the times she'd been hurt by an athlete, she didn't trust him. Will Marlee and Gavin's new found love survive the season?
     First off, I LOVED the romance. From the very beginning I loved Gavin. Like when he was first introduced. As for Chris, I hated him from jump lol How she couldn't tell that he was shit for 10 years was beyond me. But anyways, I love Gavin and how he treated Marlee. I loved the way he did things for her and built her up and put her first. And Lawd, let's not even talk about that freakin jet scene. I had to pause the book and go stick my head in the freezer. If you don't know the hotness of it, I can only encourage you to read it and find out for yourself! 
     However, the hashtags were out of control and definitely threw me out of the story at times. I didn't like reading a physical copy of this because of the hashtags, so I decided to go ahead and try an audio. That was an even worse idea because the narrator SAID hashtag every time. At least if I had read it I could have skipped over it. My complaint isn't about the hashtags, I wouldn't have minded them had it only been a few, but it was THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE BOOK. It got so annoying. At some points I felt jolted out of the story and like I was looking at Twitter or something. It was a weird and I could have done without it.   
     Lastly, I really enjoyed the narrator. I had never heard her on anything before, so it definitely made me interested in finding other things that she might have been on. I didn't realize that she was actually really popular and I have indeed listened to something that else she had narrated before. 
     Even though I loved so many things about this one, it still fell just short of a complete touchdown with me. I will be on the lookout for Martin's next book to get to know a character I grew to really like in this one! 
Overall I give this, 


Labels: , , , , ,