Stacking the Shelves #295 & the Weekly Wrap-Up!

This bookish meme tells the blogosphere what all we borrowed, bought, and received for review. It's hosted over at Tynga's Reviews.

From the Library:
Elevation


From Netglley/Edelweiss/Publishers: 

The Weekly Wrap-Up:

Tuesday 11/13/18: Top Ten Bookish Items/ Merchandise I'd Like to Own!
Wednesday 11/14/18: Waiting on Wednesday: Once & Future by Amy Rose Capetta & Cori McCarthy
Thursday 11/015/2018: Intercepted by Alexa Martin
Friday 11/16/18: Book Blogger Hop: Bookish Notes! 
 Saturday 11/17/18: No Post.


Me on Instagram:

Only book people go to conferences about books, to wait for books and sessions about books with a book. And this time it was The Proposal by Jasmine Guillory. 


The most awesome thing happened today when I was at NCTE today. There were so many teachers there that got there super early to wait on one of the authors. And that author was Jason Reynolds. He walked in and the entire line that was waiting on him erupted in applause and everyone was trying to take a picture. lol It was the cutest thing. 


If you haven't been following, my library system got us in to this conference this year and it's been pretty awesome! Definitely glad it was in Houston this year!  


And this is why I'm super glad it was in Houston. There's no way I would have gotten any of this otherwise, so thank GOD I was there and could get one. My teens are going to REJOICE! 


I went to listen to Elizabeth Acevedo at a panel she did at NCTE and I was absolutely blown away. I just so happened to run into her again in the conference and got cotton mouth immediately smh I spoke enough to tell her congrats in person and asked for a picture. Also, while listening to her talk, we learned that her newest is "like Water for Chocolate in the hood" and is magical realism. It sounds like a really good story. 


I got my first comments from a parent and I'm still getting teary eyed when I think about it. 


I was blessed to be able to get author K. Ancrum into my library to talk about her book The Wicker King and how she won at Nano a long time ago with it. She's an amazing author who was gracious enough to give such good advice to my teens. They will cherish and remember this for years to come. I cannot thank you enough. I'm so glad to be able to offer these types of experiences to my teens and to have such a supportive library and branch librarian to do it with! 

What went on at your blog this week?
Get anything good?



Labels: