Top 10 Books on my Winter TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by Jana at That Artsy Reader GirlEach week she will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Top 10 Books on my Winter TBR

(I do this as all the books I'm excited for that release in the winter months! That means, December, January & February!)


December: 



 January:

Black Enough: Stories of Being Young & Black in AmericaSlayer (Slayer, #1)

1. Black Enough edited by Ibi Zoboi: THIS ANTHOLOGY IS SOMETHING I'VE BEEN WAITING MY ENTIRE LIFE FOR. A HUGE THANKS TO ALL THE AUTHORS THAT CONTRIBUTED TO THIS! I CANNOT WAIT TO GET TO IT! (Releases January 8, 2019) 

2. Slayer by Kiersten White: In the good old days I was in love with Buffy the Vampire Slayer thanks to my mom. We watched it together and shared a crush on Angel lol So now that this is coming out, I KNEW I had to get my hands on it! I'm definitely going to read this as soon as I get a chance!  (Releases January 8, 2019) 

The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1)Death Prefers Blondes

3. The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi: I heard this was like Six of Crows but still unique in its own way, and really that was all I needed to hear! (Releases January 15, 2019) 

4. Death Prefers Blondes by Caleb Roehrig: Rebel heiresses and kickboxing drag queens?! SIGN ME UP.  Also, I feel like this will make a wonderful movie lol (Releases January 29, 2019) 

Dragon Pearl

5. Dragon Pearl by Yoon Ha Lee: Every book from the Rick Riordan presents imprint I've LOVED. I'm sure there will be more of the same with this one! (Releases January 15, 2019) 

February: 

EnchantéeChicken Girl


6. Enchantee by Gita Trelease: I LOVE this cover and this synopsis. And that's saying something because I'm not a huge fan of historical fiction. I read a couple pages of this in my e-ARC and now I'm counting down the time till its closer to its release so I can fully read it! (Releases February 5, 2019) 

7. Chicken Girl by Heather Smith: This sounds like a very weird (in a good way) book and I'm excited to see the people she meets along the way! (Releases February 26, 2019)
 
Four Dead QueensOn the Come Up

8. Four Dead Queens by Astrid Scholte: This sounds like the book by Kendare Blake. But I wasn't a fan of that one, so maybe I'll like this one a bit better. It SOUNDS like something I'd love, so we'll just have to see! (Releases February 26, 2019) 

9. On the Come Up by Angie Thomas: I can't believe I have this in my possession and I have yet to read it. Like wth is wrong with me?! I'm just biding my time until its closer to the release date because I know if I read it now and no one else has read it I just might spontaneously combust..... (Releases February 5, 2019)

We Set the Dark on Fire (We Set the Dark on Fire #1)

10. We Set the Dark on Fire by Tehlor Kay Mejia: Can we just talk about this synopsis? Forbidden love? Finishing school? Resistance group? Queer Latinx characters?! YES. PLEASE. 

What about you?!

Labels: