Wildcard by Marie Lu

e-Audio, 10 Hours 51 minutes 
Release Date: September 18, 2018
Published by: Penguin Random House Audio Publishing Group
Read from: December 15-20, 2018
Warcross, #2
Source: Library
TW: N/A
For fans of: Gaming, Coding, Science Fiction, Series Enders, Action, YA

     Emika Chen barely made it out of the Warcross Championships alive. Now that she knows the truth behind Hideo's new NeuroLink algorithm, she can no longer trust the one person she's always looked up to, who she once thought was on her side.
     Determined to put a stop to Hideo's grim plans, Emika and the Phoenix Riders band together, only to find a new threat lurking on the neon-lit streets of Tokyo. Someone's put a bounty on Emika's head, and her sole chance for survival lies with Zero and the Blackcoats, his ruthless crew. But Emika soon learns that Zero isn't all that he seems--and his protection comes at a price.
     Caught in a web of betrayal, with the future of free will at risk, just how far will Emika go to take down the man she loves?

*MY THOUGHTS*

     When I read Warcross, it took awhile for me to get into it. And because of that, I wasn't really looking forward to this one. But now after reading it, I am so mad at myself for not wanting to read it! 
     The VERY BEST thing about this book was the plot twists! I thought I was thrown for a loop at then end of the first one, but this one was really a doozie. So many things happened that I didn't see coming and I remember the only thing I could say was WTF. This was definitely a good thing because I was waiting and waiting for these in Warcross, but it didn't come until the end. I loved Wildcard and finding out so much about all the characters. 
     The only reason I didn't give this a full 5 stars, is because I would have liked to have seen more Warcross being played. I get that this one was more about the thing that Hideo was doing, I think this one should have had some of the games as well. Even if they were one of the characters other than the MC's. It just would've been nice to be in the arena again. 
     Lastly, I loved the ending. It was a nice wrap-up to the series. Even with all the huge bomb drops, Lu still was able to wrap up all the loose ends. And let's be honest, if you've read this, you know that couldn't have been easy to do. And the epilogue was super cute too! 
     If you had asked me if I was excited about this book after I read the first one I would've said no, I can wait. But now after finishing this one, I'm glad I didn't wait. I wish there was going to be another book in the series. I loved the surprises that this book brought and I wish we were getting more!
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , ,