WoW: I Wanna Be Where You Are by Kristina Forest



This bookish meme tells the blogosphere what we're waiting patiently (and sometimes not so patiently) for! It's hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine!

I Wanna Be Where You Are


     When Chloe Pierce’s mom forbids her to apply for a spot at the dance conservatory of her dreams, she devises a secret plan to drive two hundred miles to the nearest audition. But Chloe hits her first speed bump when her annoying neighbor Eli insists upon hitching a ride, threatening to tell Chloe’s mom if she leaves him and his smelly dog, Geezer, behind. So now Chloe’s chasing her ballet dreams down the east coast—two unwanted (but kinda cute) passengers in her car, butterflies in her stomach, and a really dope playlist on repeat.

Expected Publication: June 4, 2019
Published by: Roaring Book Press

Why I'm Waiting: 

Ok, so August 25th is me and my husband's anniversary. We were talking about what we wanted to do together and I was in my feelings ok. lol So I wanted to read a rom-com. It's my favorite genre and all I wanted to do was read one that showed me. Or someone like me. And yet, THERE WERE NONE. The recs that everyone replied to me with weren't exactly it. I was looking for something, any light hearted romance that was really swoony and had two black leads. Pride and Odd One Out and Finding Yvonne were really good, but weren't quite what I was looking for. Someone pointed this one to me and I've been obsessed ever since. And now there's also a pretty black girl on the cover?! I NEED IT. So, I'm featuring this one as my first WoW of 2019 because its my most anticipated of 2019. 

What about you?
Will you be waiting on this with me? 


Labels: ,