TTT: Stand-alone Books that Need a Sequel!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by Jana at That Artsy Reader GirlEach week she will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Top 10 Stand-alone Books that Need a Sequel!

SpinFamous in a Small Town

1. Spin by Lamar Giles: I totes ship Kya and Fuse together and I really wanted to get a book with them actually being friends this time around! 

2. Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills: I really need to see that one person that had the one secret tell the whole world the truth. Just to see that they got what they deserved. 

This Is What It Feels LikeA Very Large Expanse of Sea

3. This is What it Feels Like by Rebecca Barrow: They tell us whether or not they win the contest, but I'd really like to see what else is happening with their band!

4. A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Tahereh Mafi: I LOVED this book and I really wish I could get another book of her and that other character.

What If It's UsSave the Date

5. What if It's Us by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera: I know how the book ended, but I refuse for it to stay that way. I need an alternate ending at the very least.

6. Save the Date by Morgan Matson: I know they are companion novels, but this one I'd actually really like to see get a sequel. I LOVE books that have to do with weddings and this one was full of so many things happening. And on top of that, the person she should have been with was part of a wedding planning business. I'd like to see what happens when the two of them come together.  

Undead Girl GangMonday's Not Coming

7. Undead Girl Gang by Lily Anderson: This one took me by surprise. I don't really like zombie books, but this one was really fun and turned out to be really good. So good that I wish I could know more of what Mila does and her practices. 

8. Monday's Not Coming by Tiffany D. Jackson: The way this book ended threw me for a loop! I need to know more about Claudia and her parents and why they decided to do what they did. 

Emergency ContactThe Wicked Deep

9. Emergency Contact by Mary H.K. Choi: I loved seeing their slow burn to get to where they ended up.... But I hated that we didn't get to see the two of them together more. I'd like to see more of the two of them together. 

10. The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw: I LOVED this book and I LOVED the plot twist at the end. I would definitely be interested in getting the story of another of the sisters. So maybe not a sequel, but more of a companion.  

All of these I loved and would love to read more of!
Luckily (though it won't be a sequel) these authors still have other books coming out!
Any of these you all would want to see get a sequel too? 
Let me know in the comments! 


Labels: