Becoming the Dark Prince by Kerri Maniscalco

e-Book, 71 pages           
Release Date: July 15, 2019
Published by: James Patterson Presents (Little Brown and COmpany)
Read from: July 15-17, 2019
Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3.5
Source: Publisher (I received a copy of this book from the Publisher in exchange for a just and honest review. This did nothing to influence my review.) 
TW: N/A
For fans of: Historical Fiction, Novellas/Short Stories, YA


     In this irresistibly-priced short story, catch a glimpse of the inner struggles and triumphs that drive Stalking Jack the Ripper's endearing but troubled hero.
     Enigmatic, brooding, and darkly handsome, Thomas Cresswell has always been the one mystery Audrey Rose has never been able to fully solve. As brilliant partners in crime investigation, they understand each other perfectly...but as young lovers, their passionate natures have led to both euphoria and heartbreak throughout the Stalking Jack the Ripper series.
     This novella features a collection of scenes that takes place during and after the pair's horrifying Atlantic voyage in Escaping From Houdini. Experience new and familiar scenes from Thomas's unique point of view, including an intensely personal look into his plea for Audrey Rose's hand in marriage.
      With a romance for the ages, Audrey Rose and Thomas reach the conclusion to their epic, irresistible partnership in their final adventure, Capturing the Devil.

*MY THOUGHTS*

      As this is a novella I wasn't going to write a review for this at first, but I haven't seen many of them so I decided to give it a go. Mostly I want people to know that Maniscalco's words are still amazing in shorter stories too lol 
     I loved that we got to finally be inside Thomas' head. And although this was an interesting time to do it, I wish we had gotten it during HPD. In that one we would have gotten a way to see the real Thomas. In this one, we got him worrying about Audrey Rose after the events of what happened in Escaping from Houdini. So basically he was worried and love sick lol And I was ok with that. It was interesting to see all that Audrey Rose meant to him. 
     The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars was the plot. I don't feel like there was a real reason for this besides showing what we already knew.... They were in love. I was hoping for what was in this story and then showing something that might show a preview of what's to come in Capturing the Devil. But there was nothing there and I was a bit disappointed by that. 
     Although this was a cute love story between the two of them, I expected more. Especially since I love them so much in the rest of the series. But since it's a novella, I'm ok with it not being as good as the others. I'm pretty sure all the good stuff is reserved for Capturing. And I'm ok with that. 
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , ,