The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory

ARC, 337 pages           
Release Date: July 16, 2019
Published by: Berkley
Read from: July 13-15, 2019
The Wedding Date, #3
Source: Publisher & Netgalley (I received a copy of this book from the Publisher & Netgalley in exchange for a just and honest review. This did nothing to influence my review.) 
TW: N/A
For fans of: Contemporary Romance, Companion Novel,  Sparkly Covers, Realistic Fiction, Rom Com, Adult, Between the Covers


     Maddie and Theo have two things in common:
     1. Alexa is their best friend
     2. They hate each other
     After an “Oops, we made a mistake” kiss, neither one can stop thinking about the other. With Alexa’s wedding rapidly approaching, Maddie and Theo both share bridal party responsibilities that require more interaction with each other than they’re comfortable with. Underneath the sharp barbs they toss at each other is a simmering attraction that won’t fade. It builds until they find themselves sneaking off together to release some tension when Alexa isn’t looking.
     But as with any engagement with a nemesis, there are unspoken rules that must be abided by. First and foremost, don’t fall in love.
 

BETWEEN THE COVERS!
*This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than YA. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"

*MY THOUGHTS*

     When I received The Wedding Party in the mail I actually squealed. This series is one of my favorites and I was so excited to get this in my hands. And as soon as I started it, I didn't want to stop until I finished the book!
     Theo and Maddie are best friends with Alexa but they hate each other. But after one night where they made a huge mistake, they come to an agreement... They can keep this going until the wedding and then that's it. But one thing they don't account for is falling for each other. 
     This was wonderful! My second favorite after The Wedding Date. And it's because the characters made it that way. Theo and Maddie were hilarious both together and apart. And then with the introduction of the other characters like Maddie's mom (which is the main character of Royal Holiday!!!) and knowing more about Alexa's sister, I loved it. As a character driven reader I really loved this. I laughed at their ridiculousness and I was upset at some of the dumb things they did. I was surprised at how emotionally invested I got to these characters. 
      Guillory has a gift of writing. Just like in The Wedding Date, I got lost in The Wedding Party. So lost I didn't take notes. I normally read and take down notes as I find them in the book, but for this one I was so lost in reading that I didn't even write anything down. I just wanted to get lost in the pages. I don't know the last time I did this. 
     As for the romance, I wanted just a little more from it. They spent most of their time in each other's beds and although it's labeled as an enemies to lovers romance, it didn't seem like that at all. We  don't really see them as enemies at all. Just "saying" that they hate each other, not showing that they actually do. But even still, Guillory's writing style still made me love this book. As for their banter and flirting, I LOVED it. It was hilarious. And the way they hid everything from everyone was cute and made me think of them as teens lol They were the cutest. 
     This was a really quick read that I really enjoyed. Jasmine Guillory has done it again! And seeing that she has another book coming out this year makes me so excited! I can't wait to see what else is coming from her.
Overall I give this, 


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,