TTT: Cover Redesigns I Loved/Hated!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by Jana at That Artsy Reader GirlEach week she will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Top 10 Cover Redesigns I Loved/Hated!


LOVED: 
Anna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)Image result for right facing arrowAnna and the French Kiss (Anna and the French Kiss, #1)

 1. Anna and the French Kiss series: I LOVED the cover changes for this! And although the rest of my series doesn't match my Isla, I am still ok with them changing this series' covers!



2. Sarah Dessen's books: I LOVED these changes as well! The originals were outdated (I mean her first book was published in 1998) and so these new ones looked brand new and like they could have been written now!

How to LoveImage result for right facing arrowHow to Love

3. When I read How to Love I didn't really care for the plain text only cover, but I still loved the book enough to buy it. And then they changed the cover to one I actually liked so I got really upset, but then I was able to get Katie Cotugno to sign it and I was ok again lol 

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)Image result for right facing arrowThrone of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)

4. I bought this series after I read Assassin's Blade. When I got the book in from Amazon, it was the original cover. But then I started buying the rest of them and they were all different. And I was never a big collector of Maas, so I actually traded with someone to get the new version. I wanted the new cover and they wanted the old. I just told them buy me one and send it to my house and I would send them mine. 


Delirium (Delirium, #1)Image result for right facing arrowDelirium (Delirium, #1)

5. I'm thinking around the time Delirium came out, there was a bunch of books that had text only covers. But then they changed as the years went on. And they went back and changed the ones they had in stock. And this was one of them. And I'm super glad! This one is so much better. I liked that they kept the color scheme, but I'm glad they put a person on the redesigned one. 

Royals (Royals, #1)Image result for right facing arrowPrince Charming (Royals, #1)

6. This one has a cover change AND a name change! I remember thinking what made them put this out and THEN change the name? I thought maybe it did well, but they thought it could do better with these changes.... But why didn't they do that before it released? Whatever the case may be, I actually liked this new one better than the last.

Undead Girl GangImage result for right facing arrowUndead Girl Gang

7. I actually really like both of these, but I'm more of a fan of the new one because they have a POC on the cover. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times, KEEP POC ON YOUR COVERS!

Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)Image result for right facing arrowShatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)

8. I wasn't ever a fan of this book, but I did like the cover change. It went from plain white to super colorful and some really pretty blues.

NOT A FAN:

Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1)Image result for right facing arrowLabyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1)

9. I loved seeing the portrayal of Latinx culture on the cover! The sugar skull was amazing and it's still the way I get people to check out this particular book every Sept/Oct! With this new one it looks like other books. KEEP POC ON YOUR COVERS!

Warcross (Warcross, #1)Image result for right facing arrowWarcross (Warcross, #1)

10. I wasn't a fan of the original, but I was even less happy with this updated one. At least the first one was colorful. 


What about you??
Did you like any of the same I did?
Not care for any of the same I did?
Let me know in the comments! 


Labels: