Fix Her Up by Tessa Bailey

E-Audio, 09:59:09
Narrated by:  Charlotte North
Release Date:  June 11, 2019
Published by:  HarperAudio
Read from: October 8-12, 2019
Hot & Hammered, #1
Source: Library 
TW: 
For fans of: Contemporary Romance, Adult, Rom Coms,  Between the Covers, LOL

     A brand new romantic comedy from New York Times bestseller Tessa Bailey!
     Georgette Castle’s family runs the best home renovation business in town, but she picked balloons instead of blueprints and they haven’t taken her seriously since. Frankly, she’s over it.      Georgie loves planning children’s birthday parties and making people laugh, just not at her own expense. She’s determined to fix herself up into a Woman of the World... whatever that means.
     Phase one: new framework for her business (a website from this decade, perhaps?)
     Phase two: a gut-reno on her wardrobe (fyi, leggings are pants.)
     Phase three: updates to her exterior (do people still wax?)
     Phase four: put herself on the market (and stop crushing on Travis Ford!)
     Living her best life means facing the truth: Georgie hasn’t been on a date since, well, ever. Nobody’s asking the town clown out for a night of hot sex, that’s for sure. Maybe if people think she’s having a steamy love affair, they’ll acknowledge she’s not just the “little sister” who paints faces for a living. And who better to help demolish that image than the resident sports star and tabloid favorite?
     Travis Ford was major league baseball’s hottest rookie when an injury ended his career. Now he’s flipping houses to keep busy and trying to forget his glory days. But he can’t even cross the street without someone recapping his greatest hits. Or making a joke about his… bat. And then there's Georgie, his best friend’s sister, who is not a kid anymore. When she proposes a wild scheme—that they pretend to date, to shock her family and help him land a new job—he agrees. What’s the harm? It’s not like it’s real. But the girl Travis used to tease is now a funny, full-of-life woman and there’s nothing fake about how much he wants her...
 

BETWEEN THE COVERS!
*This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than YA. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I don’t normally like books with alpha male characters who take the part of alpha too literally, but this one came at just the right moment. (No pun intended.) I enjoyed listening to this and thought the narrator did an awesome job. The characters irked me, but that was where my disappointment ended. Not the book I was expecting, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. 
Georgie isn’t used to being taken seriously. Her parents, siblings, and those that hire her as the entertainment for their kids party all think of her as the same thing: the youngest of the Castle clan. This doesn’t help when she’s the only one in her family that doesn’t work for the family renovation business. Though she’s tired of it, she lives with it day to day. Until her old high school crush comes back to town. Travis Ford played baseball in the pros until he sustained a career ending injury. He was wild during his career, so his team dropped him like a bad habit. Now that he’s better, he doesn’t really have anything to look forward to. Georgie comes up with a scheme where they might both get what they want…. Maybe.
This was a very easy ready. I remember listening to it and laughing and not realizing that I’d already listened to it for 3 hours while I was updating my reading journal. And I think it was such an easy listen too because of the narrator. At times when they said the character did something, the narrator did them as well and made it sound like it was genuinely part of the story. It didn’t sound like she was “just reading” at all. 
What I didn’t like about this was the characters. A lot of the time I didn’t really care for Travis. But then I had to remind myself that each time she said that was ok and that’s what she wanted. As long as she said that’s what she wanted and she was happy, then who was I to judge? But me personally? I wouldn’t be ok with that. At some points I feel like he went too far. But to each their own. As for the rest of the romance, it wasn’t bad. And it was, whoa this one was HOT. That dugout scene made me super mad I was never a real fan of baseball Ijs lol 
This wasn’t my typical read, but in the end I really enjoyed this. I can’t wait to read the sequel, Love Her or Lose Her. I can’t wait to see those empanadas again! 
Overall, I give this



Labels: , , , , , , , ,