Top 10 Halloween Freebie: Books that Remind me of (Halloween) Costumes!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish and is now run by Jana at That Artsy Reader GirlEach week she will post a new Top Ten list . Everyone is welcome to join. 

This week's topic is:
Top 10 Halloween Freebie: Books that Remind me of Halloween Costumes!

Last year I did books as candy, but I didn't want to do the same thing, so I tried something else. Hopefully this is as cool as I thought it was in my head lol 


Tunnel of Bones (Cassidy Blake, #2)Image result for skeleton halloween costume cc0

1. Tunnel of Bones by Victoria Schwab & Skeletons: This is a MG book and second in a series, but if you've read it, you know why this would make you want to be a skeleton for Halloween!

Renegades (Renegades, #1)Image result for wonder woman cc0

2. Renegades by Marissa Meyer and Superheroes: This was the book and costume combination that made me decide to do this topic. If you've read it, you know why I chose superheroes. If you know me, you know why I chose Wonder Woman lol 

The Beautiful (The Beautiful, #1)Image result for dracula costume cc0

3. The Beautiful by Renee Ahdieh & Dracula: This book has the creepy, blood thirsty vampires that I have been dreaming of, so if I was to see a Dracula costume, I'd be thinking of that. 

Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)Image result for witch halloween costume cc0

4. Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin & Witches: I don't normally like witches, but I really enjoyed this book and this witch lol 

StepsisterImage result for cinderella with brandy

5. Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly & Minerva: If I was to dress up as a Disney character, I would choose Minerva from Brandy's Cinderella. And of course, this made me think of Stepsister by Jennifer Donnelly. I never did feel like it was their fault, I always knew it was the stepmother. 

Shuri, Vol. 1: The Search For Black Panther (Shuri, #1-5)Image result for shuri costume cc0

6. Shuri by Nnedi Okoragor & Shuri: Even from just watching the movie I knew I loved her. And this graphic novel was also good. She's smart and strong and bad ass. I would wear her costume even when it's not Halloween. 

Let Me Hear a RhymeImage result for biggie smalls costume cc0
Image may contain: 2 people, sunglasses and text

7. Let Me Hear a Rhyme by Tiffany D. Jackson & Biggie Smalls: No lie, I added this because my husband was Rick Ross one year. I bet he could also do Biggie Smalls lmao (The third picture is if you didn't believe that my husband dressed up as Rick Ross bahahaha) 


Lovely WarImage result for aphrodite costume cc0

8. Lovely War by Julie Berry & Aphrodite: I loved this retelling and I thought it was told in an intersting way. It definitely made me want to try dressing up as her once or twice. 

SpinImage result for dj marshmallow costume cc0

9. Spin by Lamar Giles & DJ Marshmallow: In Spin there is a DJ that everyone loves, and if you know DJ Marshmallow, I'm sure you love them too!

Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1)Image result for pirate costume cc0

10. Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller & a pirate: Alosa is pretty bad ass and again, I would definitely wear this costume on days other than Halloween lol 


What about you?
What books make you think of costumes?
Would you wear these costumes? 
Let me know in the comments! 













Labels: