Well Met by Jen DeLuca

E-Audio, 09:45:25
Narrated by:  Brittany Pressley 
Release Date:  September 3, 2019
Published by:  Penguin Random House Audio Publishing Group
Read from: October 3-8, 2019
Well Met, #1
Source: Library 
TW: 
For fans of: Contemporary Romance, Adult, Ren Faires, Rom Coms,  Between the Covers, Sparkly Covers,Enemies to lovers, LOL

     All's faire in love and war for two sworn enemies who indulge in a harmless flirtation in a laugh-out-loud rom-com from debut author, Jen DeLuca.
     Emily knew there would be strings attached when she relocated to the small town of Willow Creek, Maryland, for the summer to help her sister recover from an accident, but who could anticipate getting roped into volunteering for the local Renaissance Faire alongside her teenaged niece? Or that the irritating and inscrutable schoolteacher in charge of the volunteers would be so annoying that she finds it impossible to stop thinking about him?
     The faire is Simon's family legacy and from the start he makes clear he doesn't have time for Emily's lighthearted approach to life, her oddball Shakespeare conspiracy theories, or her endless suggestions for new acts to shake things up. Yet on the faire grounds he becomes a different person, flirting freely with Emily when she's in her revealing wench's costume. But is this attraction real, or just part of the characters they're portraying?
     This summer was only ever supposed to be a pit stop on the way to somewhere else for Emily, but soon she can't seem to shake the fantasy of establishing something more with Simon, or a permanent home of her own in Willow Creek.
 

BETWEEN THE COVERS!
*This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than YA. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I was first interested in this because of the cover. It was released at a time when a bunch of other illustrated covers from Berkley were released and just like all the others, I knew I needed this in my hands. And then the reviews from people started coming in and I KNEW it would be something I would enjoy. And sure enough, this was a slam dunk for me!
     Emily has relocated to a small town to help her sister recover from an accident, but she also fell into helping out her neice volunteer for the local Ren Faire. But little does she know, this Ren Faire is Simon's legacy and he makes it clear he doesn't want or have time for any nonsense regarding it. But he turns into a different person when he dons his costume and flirts freely with her. How does she know what's real and what isn't? 
     I loved the readability of this! It was so easy to sit down and listen to this for hours. I'm not sure if it's the narrator or the words, but whatever it was, this book was so easy to get lost in. The very first thing I remember upon finishing this is, "So what do I do now?!" Good thing there's another one (a follow up she said. Hope it's about Mitch lolol) 
     I also really liked the setting of this. I have never been to a Ren Faire before (which is strange because I live near one that so many of my friends always talk about going to) and this made me want to get tickets for the next one immediately. DeLuca made it seem like it's own world for both me and the characters, and that to me makes some of the best stories. 
     As for the characters, I did wish we had more development for Emily and Simon. ESPECIALLY Simon. I would have loved for this to be told in both their POV's or at least to give a more indepth idea of what it was he went through when trying to decide if he liked her, but I still really enjoyed being in Emily's head.  
     This was a book that I wasn't expecting to like this much. I added this because of the cover with every intention to like it, but not love it like I did. If you haven't read this or are having some second thoughts, give it a chance and see what else you think! You might be as surprised as I was!
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , , , ,