Blitzed by Alexa Martin

e-ARC, 320 pages           
Release Date: December 3, 2019
Published by: Berkley
Read from: December 6-10, 2019
Playbook, #3
Source: Netgalley (I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and the Publisher in exchange for a just and honest review. This did nothing to influence my review.) 
TW: Mentions Rape & sexual assualt
For fans of: Romance, Contemporary, Diversity, POC MC, Contemporary Romance, Sports Romance, Adult


     Maxwell has finally met an opponent that he can't best in this new football romance from the author of Fumbled.
     According to Brynn Larson, Maxwell Lewis is more trouble than he's worth. She doesn't care if he's a football god with a rock-hard body that brings most women to their knees. After an encounter that ends poorly, she's not interested in giving him a second chance. The last thing Brynn expects is for him to turn up at her bar months later, hat in hand. It doesn't matter if he brings more customers to her business--she's still not going on a date with him.
     Maxwell knows he made a mistake. He'd been waiting to make his move on Brynn since the day he laid eyes on her and he was finally ready to go for it until he screwed up. He wishes he could tell her the truth about what happened that night, but he just can't. He can't tell anyone, so he'll make amends and hope she'll forgive him.
     Brynn's not like other women, though. Playing for the Mustangs doesn't impress her and gifts make her scoff. Max will have to bring his A game if he hopes to win her over.
 

BETWEEN THE COVERS!
*This book is part of the new adult contemporary romance genre! It is more mature than YA. I have featured it in Between the Covers as a way to feature the few Adult and New Adult titles I am beginning to read!"

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Although I wasn't originally interested in a story about Brynn, finally reading it definitely changed my mind. I swear, this series gets better with each book. And although I wasn't excited about her book, as it turns out, I really enjoyed it.
"Being a "female centered bar" is a concept not a ton of people understand, but now it won't need to be explained, it will be seen, nationwide. Fucking amazing."
3%
Brynn and Maxwell were always good friends who were clearly attracted to each other. But then there was a moment of weakness that Maxwell had that caused all that to end. Brynn no longer wants to give him a chance and Maxwell is a bit embarrassed. But, Brynn can't resist him so she gives him another try...
"Women around the bar are either sports fanatics who are relieved to find a place to watch football without the mansplaining or just here to get a sneak peek of the player's better halves."
12%
Although I liked this book, I wasn't too much of a fan of Brynn and Maxwell together. It wasn't as spicy as it was in Intercepted. This was more like, lukewarm. It had it's hot moments yes, but for the most part, it was kinda boring.
"People let the temporary adenaline distract from the permanent consequences that follow."
28%
The writing style is the main reason why I still liked this one. The humor and the dialogue made this book. I laughed throughout the whole book. It wasn't swooning like the other two, but the laughing made me ok with that.
"It's like being on a roller coaster and not knowing if there are breaks. Which is basically how I've felt since the moment Maxwell walked into my life."
81%
The conflict in this one was a doozie though. It was a lot deeper than the last two. It kind of caught me by surprise. But I did feel that it was resolved too fast. I know Maxwell is nice, but I don't think he was that nice. He should've been a bit more mad than he was. And, I would have liked to see him go done and what all transpired. But we got none of that.
"When your world is detonating around you, the last thing you want is to pretend you're surrounded by a fireworks instead of bombs."
87%
This book wasn't my favorite, but there was still something about it that kept me interested. Not exactly what I was expecting, but I still liked it nonetheless.
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , , , , ,