Ultraviolet by R.J Anderson

Paperback, UK , 410 pages
Published September 1st 2011
Orchard
Source: Recieved from NetGalley**

Once upon a time there was a girl who was special.

This is not her story. Unless you count the part where I killed her.


Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?
*MY THOUGHTS*
This review was hard for me to write. I sat for  long time tryin to decide how to write thi review. Despite the MANY five star reviews from a lot of other bloggers out there, while reading this, I decided in the early stages this would not be the case with me. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but not as much as I thought I would. Now, lt me expain. For one, some of the writing descriptions were a bit much. It sometimes seemed that the writing was a little too "flowery" when the toneof the book was supposed to be kind of dark and whatnot. Another thing I didn't like (but understood), the main character seemed detatched from the story. It seemed too "telly" for me. I understand we're in Allison's mind and she's not all there, but at the same time, I would rather it not have been so choppy. I don't know... I just felt like I wasn't getting the whole story from her. I saw the plot twist coming early, but I refuse to put it here because I HATE reviews that include spoilers.... So I'll leave that comment there. As for what I did like, I really liked the plot and the premise to the story. I said throughout the book that I would put it down and not pick it back up again, but the book blurb kept drawing me back everytime I looked at it. I was also drawn to the cover. My Nook really brought out the violet color and made the stunning cover even more beautiful to me. Lastly, I liked the end. Although I did see it coming as stated earlier, I sill really enjoyed it.  
Overall, I give this *** (3 out of 5)

**FTC Disclosure: I recieved this egalley from NetGalley. I do not recieve payment of any kind in excahnge for a review. I do not recieve monetary compensation from any book links in my review

**Thank you Learner Publishing Company for allowing me to review this story.

Labels: ,