Supernaturally by Kiersten White

Hardcover, 336 pages
Published July 26, 2011
HarperTeen
Paranormalcy #2
Source: library


     Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be . . . kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees. 
     But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself
     So much for normal.



*MY THOUGHTS*
     I didn't realize how much I missed Evie until I started reading this. She was still the same with the sarcastic nature and wittiness that I had grown to love from the first book. Now, Paranormalcy was a unique and cute story, which made me a little iffy to read this because I didn't think the series could get any better. But I was definitely wrong. Evie's journey through Supernaturally was really amazing, even if it was in the world she views as "normal." I LOVED the addition of all the characters, and thought that each one had a specific role in the story, which they played well. (I just wanna say, I hated Jack from the beginning...) And with White's description, I was able to view each new character just as she described them. Another thing I enjoyed was the way the story flowed. Everything and everyone involved in the story had a purpose. It wasn't like others I had read that just included a character for plot development. I was a little impressed at that, seeing as there were so many characters, both new and old. And Evie and Lend's relationship? Omg I'm so glad they are still together and they made it work after the beginning of the series. (Although I felt like in this one he was a bit whiny at times lol) It was also nice to learn more about Evie and her past, even though it wasn't a great one like she had hoped before.  Kiersten White did an amazing job with this series and has made me even more impatient to get to the next installment in the series. 
Overall, I give this **** (4 out of 5)


*NEWS*
Recently a cover for the last book in the series was released to the world. The next and final installment to the Paranormalcy series is "Endlessly". Isn't it beautiful?! I thought the first two were good, but this one is my favorite! I cannot wait until its release date!

The third book in the Paranormalcy trilogy. 
The final chapter of Evie's adventures. Old friends, new ones, all wrapped up in impossible decisions. And some ball gowns. Because what's a life of normal and paranormal drama without a ball gown or two?

Expected publication: July 24th, 2012



Labels: , ,