Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Hardcover, 398 pages
Published January 11, 2011
Razorbill
Across the Universe #1
Source: Library
For fans of: Dystopia, Sci-Fi, Suspense, Romance


A love out of time. A spaceship built of secrets and murder. 


Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust intl the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules. 
Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was mere computer malfunction. Someone of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship- tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next. 
Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could have never seen coming. 


*MY THOUGHTS*
     My initial thought after closing the book last night was "Woooow.... That was really a debut?" After reading this, one thing is for certain, Revis is an amazing writer. The story left me breathless. At certain parts I found myself yelling and other times I found myself gasping at the book. 
     What I liked most were the characters. From Amy to Harley to Eldest. Yes I liked Eldest, but not because of what he did, but because of how he was written. For Revis to be able to write and develop such a sick, sadistic, lying characters like Eldest and one who will not be named (for spoilers), and make me feel all the hatred that all the other characters did, she deserves applause  lol 
     Although I did like the book, the beginning starts out a little slow. It took a minute to get into it, but when I did, I had a day off and ended up devouring the end of the book. The end is where all the jaw dropping twists and turns occur as each secret is unlocked. With every one secret that you discover, it will become harder and harder for you to put the book down. 
Overall, I give this **** (4 out of 5)


**Extra**
The second book in the series just came out January 10th, 2012. The cover for it is just as pretty as the first one, yes? 

Labels: , , ,