TGIF Book Olympics 8/3/12

"Cheers to the freakin weekend! I'll drink to that!"
-Rhianna

Happy Friday y'all! Excited to start the weekend?! I know I am! 
This is a bookish meme hosted by Ginger over at GReads! Each week she asks a bookish question and you answer it to the best of your ability! 

This Friday's Question:

Q: Book Olympics: In the spirit of the Olympics, which books would you give the gold, silver, and bronze medals to? It can be from any genre, new or old.


A: *DISCLAIMER: This is based on books that I've read this year. There are so many more that I could have put, but that would have been waaaaaayyyyy too hard. 

Gold: This hands down belongs to the third installment in the Covenant series Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout! This book really was amazing. There was surprise after surprise and it was absolutely amazing! There is not one book in this series that I haven't liked. Armentrout is truly an amazing author and I will gladly bestow this gold medal to Aiden her lol 





Silver: This belongs to Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. I don't normally go for contemps, but give me one with a troubled boy and a near perfect girl and I am SOLD! And that's exactly what happened here. I fell for Noah and my heart ached for Echo. I LOVED this book and couldn't put it down. For awhile after reading it, I remember not wanting to read anything BUT contemps which is definitely out of the norm for me. 




Bronze: This belongs to the magnificent and wonderful Something Like Normal by Trish Doller. This novel was so heart wrenching. It touched a lot of subjects that YA hasn't even looked at yet, such as PTSD. Being that I have a bit of military background (family and ex-boyfriend) I really connected to this book. Doller is an amazing author and its hard to believe that this is merely her debut. If this is what she's writing to bust onto the scene, I will DEFINITELY be reading the rest of her works. 



Well there you have it! All the books who I would give medals to! What about you? Who would you give medals to? Leave me a link and I'll be sure to stop by!