Top Ten Tuesday: Books I thought I'd like more/less than I did


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.    

This week's topic (for me!) is:
Top 10 Books I thought I'd like more/less than I did
*These are in no particular order.*

Well seeing as I have a couple of each, I'll do 5 and 5. Let's start with less

1. Cinder by Marissa Meyer: Come on... Cyborgs?! Yeah wasn't expecting all the greatness. 

2. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles: That cheesy cover? Call me whatever you want, but covers are a huge part on what makes me decide if I want to read a book or not. It took me forever to read this one because I thought I just wouldn't like it. 

3. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent: I'm not sure why I thought I wouldn't like this one. I guess because it was about some weird type of being that I hadn't read about before. 

4. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins: It took two tries to read this book, but I realized that the first time I just couldn't get through it because I wasn't in the mood for it. When I got over the mood I was in I went back to it, and I loved it. 

5. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: If you've followed my blog from the beginning, you know that it took me two times to read this one as well. Idk what it was, but I just couldn't get into dystopian/post apocalyptic novels. Finally when I heard the movie was coming out, I gave it another try and I loved it. 

Now let's go on to more

6. If He Had Been With Me by Laura Nowlin: I wanted so bad to love this book. I was expecting some heart wrenching sobs from it, but it didn't even produce teary eyes smh. 

7. Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum: Killer robots?! Yessss! Well it turned out to be a huge no to me. I DNF'ed it after reaching page 88. 

8. Pivot Point by Kasie West: I know, I know, its about a parallel universe. But I expected it to be more about the huge decision (if you read it you know what I mean) versus the decision between two boys.... Well that's what I felt like she was basing the decision on. 

9. Dualed by Elise Chapman: Twins fighting each other to the death? Yes, please. But it didn't do any good. The main character seemed like a hypocrite and it wasn't anything else interesting about the story. 

10. Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff: This is another classic tale of "Don't judge a book by its cover." I was so super excited to read this because the cover is breath taking. But the mystery was drug out, it spent more time on the romance than the mystery, and I figured out the killer wayyyy before I should've. I was really disappointed.