Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.
This week's topic is:
Top 10 Books Dealing With Tough Subjects
*These are in no particular order.*
1. Easy by Tammara Webber: The tough issue was physical assault. This was important to me because as a woman its important to keep yourself safe.
2. My Life After Now by Jessica Verdi: The tough issue was HIV. In the day and age we live in now, anyone that can write an entertaining YA book about something like this deserves a Pullitzer Prize or something.
3. Something Like Normal by Trish Doller: The tough issue was PTSD. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder isn't anything to play with. If you know someone suffering from this, help them to get help.
4. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green: The tough issue was cancer. This was no easy subject to read about considering there is someone in my family with cancer, but the romance was too phenomenal to pass up. (I can almost bet this will be on EVERYONE'S list!)
5. Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally: The tough issue was religion. This one makes my list because religion always has been something huge in my life. This book tackles the thought of being judgmental based on your religious views.
7. Stay by Deb Caletti: The tough issue was abusive relationships. This book goes in depth about the unhealthy relationship between the two characters and can serve as a way to help females take a better look at the relationship that they're in.
8. If I Stay by Gayle Forman: The tough issue was death. Everything in this book felt so real and was so sad. Death is always hard, but to be able to pick between living and death, that would have to be the hardest decision anyone could ever make.
9. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray: The tough issue was feminism. I loved this because it brought up so many different issues, but it wasn't such a heavy book. Somehow Bray made this book super funny and light-hearted.
Those are all the books with tough issues I've read about! I clearly need to read some more. What are your favorite books that deal with tough subjects?