Book Blogger Challenge Day 9: Why do you Blog about Books?

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge | Good Books And Good Wine
Since this is such a cool idea, let's thank April for doing this! Big props to her. She's at Good Books, Good Wine and she made the entire thing up!) I know you would like to participate too! There will be a sign up on each day of the challenge. (Sign up here for the ninth challenge!)

Why do you blog about books?

     I took an English course in college that was called: the Study of Literary Genres. We had to read books from an assigned genre and do a creative report on it. (For example, I chose Sybil: The Classic True Story of a Woman Possessed by Sixteen Personalities by  for when we were assigned biographies. I did a "notes" from her future therapist during one of her sessions.) I thought they were so cool, so I wanted everyone to see them. So I got on the internet to see ways I could add reviews and the projects I did. All I found were dozens and dozens of book blogs. So I decided to make one and include that with my project too. Butttt when I finally was ready to turn it in, my teacher was less than happy. She "didn't know how to get on the computer and read all that stuff'" she had said. So instead of getting an F, I just said screw it and typed everything out. Immediately I missed my blog. In the short time I had been doing it, I had already met so many people and discovered the amazing-ness that is Goodreads. 
     For a deeper meaning, I chose to blog about books because being from a "not well off family" and being an even broker college student, I don't get to go many places and I LOVE traveling. I instead just live out my vacations through books. I let them "Take Me Away..." because everything in my life isn't always sunshine and daisies. They're tools to help me escape. I figure if these books can help me do that, they can do the same for other people as well. And what better way to help people do that than give them recommendations of books that I've loved?!

Why do YOU blog about books?!

*P.S. I guess that class was actually where I did my first Beyond the Book posts. I wonder if I can dig those up and finally add them to the blog now!