Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters Movie Review


     As you may know from a Top Ten Tuesday post I once did, I wasn't a huge fan of the first Percy Jackson movie. In fact, I flat out hated it. It did not do the book justice and it left out some pretty good parts that I would have loved to see on the big screen. Guys, it as so bad I almost didn't go see this one. But my boyfriend loved the first one so he drug me along to the movies and I had to watch this. 
     This one was really no different. I understand there can never be a movie that is an exact replica of the book, but for goodness sakes, can we make it a little close?! Geez I mean there's so much of this series missing that would be so cool to see! I would have KILLED to see the dodgeball with giants at the beginning! And the whole Grover link thing is NEVER EVEN MENTIONED. (If you read it, you know what link I mean.) I'm so glad I didn't get to re-read the book before I watched this. I would have been highly disappointed. 
     Also, am I the only one that remembers Percy was like 12? lol Logan looks wayyyyyyy beyond that lol It just didn't seemed like it fit. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the cast. They all are amazing actors and actresses, but in my mind they just don't LOOK the part. I probably would have accepted it more if the actual actors looked at least around the same age. 
     In the end, it was entertaining. Or I guess so anyways. The boyfriend enjoyed it and is already hyped for the next one. He told me not to ruin it for him so I had to keep quiet and just agree lol But honestly, I would have enjoyed it more if I had just watched the movie and not read the book. 
Overall, I give this
16059410-taste-test.jpg




     

Labels: