Beyond the Book: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it!  

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)

"Being a half-blood is dangerous. It's scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful nasty ways."
-The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan


     So today's Beyond the Book is one that I've been wanting to do for awhile. If you've read the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan, you know that Percy was a demi-god whose father was Poseidon. You would also know that he meets other demi-gods with parents like Hades, Zeus, and Ares. And the coolest thing about it is they all seem like they embody something that the god had as well. 
     And of course, this made me think.... If I were a demi-god, who would I want my parent to be? It took me forever to come up with an answer to this because every god has a little something that I wanted. But finally I got it. And no its not Aphrodite! I chose....

Athena

     Of course I picked Athena! I mean come on, she's "the Greek virgin goddess of reason, intelligent activity, arts and literature." She seemed to be Zeus' favorite child because he allowed her to use his favorite weapons. Her bird is the owl. 
     I picked Athena because I love anything and everything to do with the arts. From singing to dancing to acting. Hell I still find myself coloring from time to time lol And as far as intelligent activity and reason, I always thought I was fairly smart. I have one degree and working on another, so there's a little truth to that. And for literature, I mean come on, I run a book blog for goodness sakes! And adding to that, my minor was in English. 
     But what I loved most about the Percy Jackson series that all the demigods all worked together. So even if I, as Athena's child, possessed these attributes, I had other demi-gods with other cool talents to help me in quests. So, with that being said...

If you were a demi-god, who would your parent be?

Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 
Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book! 

Info obtained from: 1


Labels: