Catching Fire (The Movie)


Release Date: Friday, November 22, 2013

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Normally when a movie based off a book come out I get nervous. I hate to see a movie that has butchered a book to hell and back. But with Catching Fire, that wasn't the case. I watched and LOVED The Hunger Games, and I just knew this one would be just as good. As I was 100% right.
     
     In case you haven't read it, be prepared... Catching Fire is filled with emotion. And trust me, watching it on the big screen was no different. I cried literally five times. I knew there would be TWO scenes I would, but I wasn't expecting the rest of them. Which to me means the director did all that he could to make sure it stayed close to the book. Just seeing it instead of reading it brought out even more emotion than I thought. 


     I also loved that they stuck so close to the book. I listened to the audio before I went to watch the midnight showing, so it was extremely fresh on my mind. There were only a few parts that were different, but at the same time, those things weren't extremely crucial. For me to complain about them actually not having it would be overly nit picking. It was so good that people who haven't read the book were able to know what was going on and not be lost. So, overall, it was about 95% accurate. 
     Lastly, every actor played their character well. But for me, Finnick wasn't as pretty as I pictured him in my head. He was still pretty, but he wasn't MY Finnick. But Prim, Katniss, Peeta, and Gale all did an amazing job. I can't lie, as soon as i saw it, I wanted to see it all over again. The entire thing was excellent. 
Overall, I give this

Labels: ,