Crash Into You by Katie McGarry

ARC, 474 pages
Release Date: November 26, 2013
Published by: Harlequin Teen
Pushing the Limits, #3
Source: Houston Book Rave
For fans of: Chick-lit, Contemporary Romance, Sparkly Covers, Hot Literary Guys, Realistic Fiction, YA

     From acclaimed author Katie McGarry comes an explosive new tale of a good girl with a reckless streak, a street-smart guy with nothing to lose, and a romance forged in the fast lane.
     The girl with straight As, designer clothes and the perfect life-that's who people expect Rachel Young to be. So the private-school junior keeps secrets from her wealthy parents and overbearing brothers...and she's just added two more to the list. One involves racing strangers down dark country roads in her Mustang GT. The other? Seventeen-year-old Isaiah Walker-a guy she has no business even talking to. But when the foster kid with the tattoos and intense gray eyes comes to her rescue, she can't get him out of her mind.
     Isaiah has secrets, too. About where he lives, and how he really feels about Rachel. The last thing he needs is to get tangled up with a rich girl who wants to slum it on the south side for kicks-no matter how angelic she might look.
     But when their shared love of street racing puts both their lives in jeopardy, they have six weeks to come up with a way out. Six weeks to discover just how far they'll go to save each other.

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Finally I get Isaiah's story. It's what I've been waiting on since book one, Pushing the Limits. And then when Dare You To came out I thought I was getting it and I didn't, I knew I needed it even more. Isaiah was a broken boy and I wanted nothing but to help him find comfort. 
"'Image means nothing." What people project to the world never shows what's lurking on the inside."
pg. 125 (ARC)
     Isaiah, it seems, has the worst luck. He lost almost everyone and everything he cared about. No matter what he tried to do to go in the right direction, he always had someone pushing him further back the wrong way. This is why I connected with him so much. I was so tired of him always getting nothing, I wanted something to good to happen to him for a change. So, when I found out this story was FINALLY about him, I freaked. I was so happy at the thought of him finally getting his HEA.
"'God you're cranky. What does she see in you? I have no idea. "She likes my tats."
pg. 186 (ARC)
     When I finally was able to crack open the book, I was a little weary of the person that would finally make him happy. With him being still being broken over Beth, I knew it would be hard for him to let someone else in. I knew it would take a strong person to be able to break his shell. And then I met Rachel. I thought she was broken as well. With her family all being jack asses and no one ever listening to what she wanted, I was a little nervous. I thought it would result in them not being together. But Rachel was strong. Even with her severe illness. Her strength and her love for cars made her the perfect match for Isaiah.
"'Each tattoo represents the only happy memories I've had. And you Rachel, you're the happiest."
pg. 288 (ARC)
     But, I did have a few issues.... To put it plainly, their love felt a bit rushed. They met and next thing you know, we're in love. Like it just didn't feel real in the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I fell in love with the both of them as the story went on, but at the beginning I just wasn't feeling it.
"'Rachel is a future kind of girl, and I'm going to have to work hard to give her a world worth living."
pg. 331 (ARC)
     Lastly, that ending?! You guys, I freaked out. I'm so glad I chose to stay up and finish it when the boyfriend was out of town, because I was loud, ugly crying. Like sobbing. I wanted to DM Katie McGarry and ask her how she could do this to him yet again. I have to admit I was a little upset at her for a little bit lol Thank goodness I said I would finish it before I said anything. Because on further reading I got an even more wonderful surprise. I was so proud of the both of them.
"'I can't give you the world Rachel, but I'll give you all I got."
pg. 331 (ARC)
     I'm not going to lie, I was a little worried about this one. Isaiah is a complex character after being so hurt for so long. But McGarry did an amazing job with writing all her new characters and expressing their love to each other. She will take you on a wild ride (LITERALLY) and will leave you wanting more and more.
Overall, I give this


      

Labels: , , , , ,