This week's topic is:
Top Ten Tuesday: Top Things on my Bookish Bucket List!
*These are in no particular order!
I did a list like this once before, but some things have since changed! Some things I have accomplished and other things I haven't! So, without further ado, here's my list!
1. I would love to go to an Epic Reads event and be able to Book Shimmy in person with the amazing Team Epic Reads! I love their show "Tea Time" and I am honored to be a "Crumpet!"
2. I want to go to BEA one day. maybe even ALA. Or RT. Something where there will be a lot of authors and alot of publishers. So that way I can meet all of them and fan girl in person.
3. Listen to an audiobook of a book that I've never read: I tend to only listen to books that I've already read because I have a very short attention span. I don't like to miss anything when I read, so I find myself listening to the same part over and over..... And over smh
4. I plan to read more books outside my normal genres: I love paranormal romance and contemps as much as the next person. There are three that I am really interested in- Dystopia, historical fiction, and high fantasy. (I just think dragons are cool lol)
5. Go to more author signings: I have now been to two and I've already become spoiled. I want to go to as many as I can.
6. Read more reviews: I tend to only read reviews after I've read the book and written my own, so realistically, I only read about one or two. I want to read more so and comment on more because let's be honest.... That's the reason I write mine. So people can read them and relate to them!
7. Stop skimming bad book reviews and deciding not to read the book: i have to admit... I'm a person that reads just for the hype. If there is a lot of hype surrounding the book, I'm more likely to read it. Why? I like to see if it lives up to its expectations. But the downfall to that is if the book is attracting negative attention, I will make up my mind about it before I even read it. And I feel like I may be missing out on a good book... All because I never gave it a chance.
8. Visit the wonderful world of Harry Potter: I will visit there and I will have the time of my life. I will be that girl that tastes ButterBeer and goes into a sugar induced coma from to many sweets at Honey Duke's!
9. Find my bookish job that is the best fit for me: I'm looking at librarian jobs right now, but being honest, the Epic Reads girls have an AMAZING job and I would love to do something like that. If you know of anywhere hiring, I promise I'd be good lol
10. Stop adding books to my TBR until I make a big enough dent in it: For every book I finish I end up adding at least 5 to my TBR pile. I'm working on trying not to add any more until I make at least a five book dent in it.
Here's my Bookish Bucket List, show me yours!!!