Top 10 Tuesday: Blogging Confessions!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
 Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Blogging Confessions!
*These are in no particular order!

1. I will write notes on my reading anywhere.
-I need to remember the best quotes and the sweetest swoons and if I don't have my tabs on hand or a notebook, I will write them down anywhere. Including the notepad app on my phone, a scrap of paper in my wallet, and even my hand. 

2. I can only read one book at a time. 
-All of you that can read 3,4,5 and more.... I envy you. I really feel like it's a serious super power lol I always get lost between books and crossing plots and it's just too much lol 

3. I know I want to be a librarian, but I HATE going to the library.
-Ok, ok, let me explain. I always leave with more than I need. I never read them all. And on top of that, I almost always end up renewing them over and over just to STILL NOT READ THEM. It's rather pointless and sometimes ends up with me paying fines. I'd rather buy the book and let it sit pretty on my shelf lol 

4. I am a cover whore.
-I don't care if I haven't even read your synopsis, if your cover is GORGEOUS, you can almost bet I will read your book. And sometimes, I will preorder it because the cover is so pretty and I want it in hardback. Add on to that, if your cover is ugly, I'd rather borrow it from the library than buy it because 9 times outta 10 (as stated above) it probably won't be read or will be read last. I'm shallow and I know it smh 

5. Most of the time I read things judging by how popular it seems it is to the blogosphere.
-Coming from a Mass Communications background, I like to review things that people like to see. That way it will keep them coming back. Hopefully to see if they agreed or disagreed with something else I've read. Or even if they just want to know what is coming out soon.

6. I'm shy and don't talk alot to people, but when I see them carry around a book, I automatically become chatty.
-Prime example: Yesterday at work, I was eating lunch after my shift ended and I noticed two girls come in with Nerve by Jeanne Ryan and another book. (I couldn't see the cover.) I automatically asked them about them, where they got them from, if they liked them, and all these other things. Nothing but books can get me out of my shell like that. 

7. I read Twilight and I liked it. And on top of that I liked Jacob Black more than Edward. F.T.W.
-I am SICK of people being so angry at Twilight. Why? It got a number of people I went to school with reading and it is still being loved by people that I know now. And I'm 25! Anything that gets someone reading is ok with me. And yes I liked Jacob more! No he wasn't a pedophile or a weird creepy dog! He said that an imprint relationship could be like a brother/sister thing people! Stop making stuff out of nothing! Geez. *end rant*

8. I HATE, DESPISE, and another synonym of HATE spoilers. I won't even read excerpts/teases/anything of that nature. I don't want to know anything going in. 
-I'm a weird one that likes to be shocked/surprised/all that good stuff when I'm reading because I don't like when the plot is predictable, when I can guess it, or when I already know what's going to happen. It's like there's no point in actually reading it. 

9. I compare my real boyfriend to all my fictional ones and then proceed to read him what they did.
-He hates it and rolls his eyes every time, but he's a good sport about it. He has even taken to the quotes I sometimes leave him in his lunch or to tell him good morning or good night. 

10. If I love a series, I WILL NOT read the last book to it. I hate that "Damn it's really over" feeling. And even more than that, I hate that sometimes a perfectly good series is ruined with a very bad series ender. *ahem Allegiant ahem*
-Examples: Endlessly by Kiersten White, Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (which I HAVE to read this year becasue of the movie :/), Boundless by Cynthia Hand, and more.  

11. If there's no romance in it, I probably won't like it. 
-The swoons is what drives me guys. I NEED it in my books. And nothing makes me love a book more than a bad guy that's so good at being bad and a great romance l0l ( Yes I'm Team Bad Boy FTW) 

12. I have a love/hate relationship with my Nook and Kindle.
-I love that instant gratification of ordering a book and it automatically downloading. And then having a much anticipated book I've pre-ordered download to it automatically, but I HATE not having it on my shelf. I love to have a pretty cover, or a pretty spine looking out from my shelves! 

13. I like when books inspire me to do the same things that are in their pages. So much so I started a blog meme that runs on Mondays!
-My meme is called Beyond the Book and it basically is me wishing I was in the pages of the story. Sometimes it's personal, sometimes its funny, and sometimes it's still bookish! Check it out sometimes and join in if you dare! 

What are some of your confessions?! Do we have any of the same?


Labels: ,