Beyond the Book: My Bookish School News!


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 

     Sometimes I like to use this feature as an announcement center, so here goes... I have a really fun one that I'm super excited to share with y'all! When I started this blog I was an undergrad in college. I started it as a project in English but the teacher wasn't tech savvy and admitted she probably wouldn't check it as often as she did other people's projects, so I almost decided to just give up on it. But I kept it for my own free time. And then I started the program to get my teaching certification and so that I could then go on to become a school librarian. But then the time came to me actually having to teach for a couple years and ultimately, that wasn't what I wanted to do. So I was out of school for about two years trying to find another way of grasping my dream of becoming a Youth Services Librarian. And through it all my blog was the only thing that kept me in the reading world. 
     Another big part of me waiting so long to try and go back to school was the money situation. My boyfriend was busy getting HIS Masters at the time with no job and I was working as an assistant manager at Olive Garden. Mostly all the money was going to bills. Which was another reason I wanted to finally get my Masters. Looking at library jobs vs teaching jobs and the availability in places near me, it just seemed more financially responsible to try and go on the library field. 
     So finally I just took a chance on a whim and applied to Univerity of North Texas to their Library Science program. UNT is one of three American Library Association accredited schools in Texas and I thought maybe they may accept me, even without all the requirements. (I'm missing a GRE score... That test is $165 y'all! WTF smh) And lo and behold, THEY DID! 

     If you can't see what that pic over there ---> says, at the bottom it says "We have received your application from the Toulouse School of Graduate Studies and have conditionally admitted you as a Library Science Master's student for the Fall 2014 semester." I had no idea that they would admit me without having a GRE score, but they still did. The only thing I have to do is basically take the GRE later on and submit my scores before they will let me continue next semester. Regardless, it's a step in the right direction. I've never been more excited to be in school, but this semester I'm so excited to do everything that's asked of me from my professors. I'm hoping for all A's this semester so regardless of my scores on the GRE (I'm a little worried about the math portion lol I'm good with words not numbers lol) they'll want to keep me around! 
     Now, my blog will be here for this portion of my life as well, but things will probably get a little hectic. I started school about two weeks ago and I'm already feeling it. As for September I am almost all caught up with review books that I've mostly read a while ago so the blog will be up and functioning, but after that as I get deeper into the semester, I will probably nor post as much. I will do what I can, but if you see I'm not around as much, I'm just off studying the awesome! 

What big events in your life has your blog been around to see?
Anything bookish?!

Labels: ,