Blackbird by Anna Carey

ARC, 244 pages
Release Date: September 16, 2014
Published by: HarperTeen
Blackbird Duology, #1
Source: Around the World ARC Tours
For fans of: Thrillers, Adventures, Suspense, Survival

     From the author of the Eve trilogy comes the breathless story of a girl racing to figure out who she is--and how to stay alive. When a nameless girl wakes up on the subway tracks, she knows only one thing for sure: people want her dead. Can she find them before they track her down? This pulse-pounding contemporary thriller is perfect for fans of The Maze Runner, The Darkest Minds, and Legend.
     Things I know are true: I am in Los Angeles. I woke up on the train tracks at the Vermont/Sunset stationI am a teenage girl I have long black hair. I have a bird tattoo on the inside of my right wrist (FNV02198)People are trying to kill me

*MY THOUGHTS*

       This one was definitely a pleasant surprise. I've never read the Eve trilogy, but after reading this one, I'm really bumping it up on my TBR.. I really, really liked this one. I'm not sure whether it was the writing style or the POV style, but it was really unique and it had me on the edge of my seat. 
"'I would tell you the truth if I knew what that was."
pg. 58
     We all know I'm a huge fan of thrillers. And when I heard that this one was written in a special kind of way, I was definitely excited. It was written in second person pint of view, saying "you" instead of the character's name or he/she. I really felt like I was in the middle of the story doing all that she did. Add on to the fact that this was a thriller, it definitely made it more exciting. I felt more engaged and more pulled into the story because instead of "watching from the side lines," I was literally "doing everything in the book. It certainly came for a unique experience. 
"'If you expect nothing from anybody, you're never disappointed."
pg. 259
     I also loved the plot. At the very beginning we're given nothing. As the story goes on, we keep getting more information as the character gets it. And it's cool because as she finds out, so do you, because you are her..... (Does that even make any sense? lol) But anyways, as the plot thickens, it realllllly thickens. It was totally NOT what I was expecting and the people you find out are involved will leave you with an open mouth. I say that because it happened to me. 
"'I'm starting to think there are people who like to deal with things head-on and talk them out until they can't talk anymore, and then there are the people who don't say anything and just wish it all away."
pg. 172
     The amount of surprises in this book will leave you (or people if you're reading in public) thinking you're crazy. I was talking out loud to the book, gasping, and left with my mouth hanging open like a fish. And that cliff hanger?! Geez I hated it! I neeeeddd to know what happens now.  
"'As you pass another apartment complex you're uneasy You turn, catching sight of him out of the corner of your eye. He's hiding on the second flight of stairs."
pg. 175
     With this being my first Carey book, I am totally surprised. Not only with the writing style, but also the uniqueness of the writing style and the plot. I'm a new Carey fan, and I can't wait to read the next installment in this series. I'm thinking it can only get better after we start getting some more answers.
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , ,