Beyond the Book: Featuring Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless

"People make assumptions about you no matter what you look like."
pg. 195

     This book was ridiculously cute! I LOVED Chloe because she was so much like me. She made lists and she was a nerd and she was just EVERYTHING. One list that I really loved that she made was the list she made of teen movies she wished her life was like. (Or something like that...) It got me thinking... What YA books do I wish my life was like? Here's what I came up with!

1. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins: I wish my life was like Isla's because she stays in Paris and New York, she has an amazing boyfriend who writes comics, and she they both have an amazing sense of humor. 

2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I wish I had the same life as Anna because I mean..... Etienne. He's amazing. And then of course there's the fact that she has the same love for movies that I have for books. This means she has a strong passion for something and I can definitely relate to that!

3. Boomerang by Noelle August: I wish my life was like Mia's because she had an amazing internship, found an amazing job, and had so much fun while doing it. I really wish I had half as much fun as they did at work!

4. Something Real by Heather Demetrios: I would love their life because they had so much fun. Having 2 sisters is fun, but I would love to have so many more siblings. It just seems really fun. I know I'd lose every ounce of privacy ever, but still, I think it would be cool. 

5. Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins: I wish my life was like this because let's be honest.... Freaking Harper was amazeballs. She was kick ass and everything she did I only wish I could do!

6. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller: I wish my life was like this because Madelyne was a nerd and proud of it. I read and blog about YA, but no one but my mom, boyfriend, and classmates know about this. And they only know because I needed a fun fact about myself lol I wish I could live like Madelyne and not care that people will judge me on how bog of a nerd I am! 

7. Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress by Marissa Meyer: I wish I could have their lives because then I'd be a cyborg *SPOILER ALERT* a princess, and depending on who I was, I'd have a hot boyfriend. (I mean Wolf of course...) Plus, I'd be a BAMF and be able to fight and be on the run from the authorities. Plus I'd have a super cool friend like Iko. 

8. Time Between Us by Tamara Ireland Stone: It's obvious I want my life to be like Anna and Bennet's because I would love to see all the different concerts that they went to and had fun at! 


What YA books would you want to live in?!

Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 
Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book! 

Labels: ,