Inspire by Cora Carmack

Kindle e-Book, 284 pages
Release Date: December 15, 2014
Published by: Self Pubbed
The Muse, #1
Source: Bought
For fans of: Romance, Music, New Adult, Fantasy, Mythology


     Kalliope lives with one purpose.
     To inspire.
     As an immortal muse, she doesn’t have any other choice. It’s part of how she was made. Musicians, artists, actors—they use her to advance their art, and she uses them to survive. She moves from one artist to the next, never staying long enough to get attached. But all she wants is a different life— a normal one. She’s spent thousands of years living lie after lie, and now she’s ready for something real.
     Sweet, sexy, and steady, Wilder Bell feels more real than anything else in her long existence. And most importantly… he’s not an artist. He doesn’t want her for her ability. But she can’t turn off the way she influences people, not even to save a man she might love. Because in small doses, she can help make something beautiful, but her ability has just as much capacity to destroy as it does to create. The longer she stays, the more obsessed Wilder will become. It’s happened before, and it never turns out well for the mortal.
     Her presence may inspire genius.
     But it breeds madness, too.
 

*MY THOUGHTS*

     As soon as I saw Carmack had another book coming out, I added it in a heartbeat. And then when I saw what it was about, I went ahead and pre-ordered it. And when it finally came out, I read it in two days. Basically, what I'm saying is... This book was amazing. 
"'Eternity has never quite felt as long as it feels right now."
5%
     Kalli is a muse and spends her life bouncing from artist to artist helping them come up with anything she can in their realm of creativity. But as the years go on, she's tired of them always using her to get what they want. She wants something real. Enter Wilder who is just a regular person and is sweet as can be. He finds Kalli and they instantly hit it off. But things start to unravel just as they get comfortable around each other.
"'Creation and Destruction. These are the things I inspire."
7%
     The mythology in this book was incredible. Of all the mythology books I've read, I've never read anything about a muse before. I thought that was 100% creative. I'd like to see what Carmack uses as HER muse! lol I also loved that it wasn't just that part of the myth that was included in the story. It got deeper as the story went on. It made the story read like a contemporary romance for most of the time, but by the end of the story, you definitely knew it was all about mythology. 
"'A gifted sculptor once told me that the brilliance of art lives in its flaws."
13%
     My favorite part of the entire story was Wilder the romance. He was  They were amazing. I was a little hurt when things went south for them, but when they finally fixed everything, it was dynamite. And let me tell you... They kinda started off strong to be all over each other at 22% (yes that happens) but I PROMISE you there is a reason for that! I've seen many people DNF it because of that, but trust me, there is a big plot twist that makes all those pieces come together. I'd hate for anyone ti miss it because they were turned off from the romance. 
"'Art is already an intimate thing, and staring at someone long enough to capture her likeness amplifies that."
60%
     Also, the writing style was the classic Carmack style: GOOOOOOODDDDD. During the cutesy scenes with Gwen I could picture them laughing and having a good time. And then where there were times with Kalli and Wilder re: the car scene and another scene towards the end of the book) where I had to fan myself or even take a break and do something else for a while because HOLY. HOTNESS. 
"'It's the easiest thing I've ever done. Loving you. Stop worrying about how this is going yo play out down the road. It's this moment that matters. Love me right now. Love me tomorrow. And the next day. The future isn't written in stone. We decide it. Choose to love me every second. We'll choose that together. The rest will fall into place."
68%
     But, I was a little angry with Carmack at the end. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WAIT FOR THE NEXT ONE WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER?! Omg some real crazy things go on at the end and I was screaming WTF at my book for a long while. I think I remember putting my hands on my head and like shaking my head from 92% until the end. I can't wait to see how things pan out in the end!
"'If it's addiction you're worried about, too late. I already can't live without you."
92%
     Inspire was such a crazy fun ride and I loved every moment of it. This is definitely one to add to a Christmas wish-list because you don't want to miss out on it!!!!
Overall, I give this


Labels: , , ,