Insurgent Movie Review


PG-13, 119 minutes
Release Date: March 20, 2015

     Beatrice Prior must confront her inner demons and continue her fight against a powerful alliance which threatens to tear her society apart with the help from others on her side. (From IMDb)

*MY THOUGHTS*

     I have to admit... I forgot all about this movie coming out so soon. Mainly because I didn't do a re-read of Insurgent which I normally do. But really for some reason, I just didn't seem too excited about this movie.  
     To be completely honest though, the movie wasn't that bad. To someone who didn't remember anything from the book. Even the boyfriend was caught up in the movie because he was jumping and like squeezing my hand during the movie because he was worried what would happen. (I don't understand why he won't read the books -___- he always liked the movies but won't read them) 
     So because I didn't remember the book, I really enjoyed it. But then as I went to the old faithful ReCaptains website (THERE ARE SPOILERS ON THAT LINK) and looked over it, things started coming back to me. And there are some huge changes. So booknerds, there are some huge changes in the movie, but the main points are still there, making for a pretty decent book to movie adaptation.
     As far as the acting and the romance, Theo and Shailene of course we're awesome. I loved seeing both of them acting individually and of course seeing them together. Seeing them finally fall for each other made me swoon just as if I was reading the book. I loved it and I can't wait to see more of them on the big screen!
Overall, I give this

Labels: , ,