Follow Friday: Super Surprising Books?!

Feature & Follow is hosted by TWO hosts, Parajunkee’s View & Alison Can Read.    

The goal is to increase blog followers and make friends. Basically how it works is you follow them, they follow you. Win. Win. So looking forward to making new blogging friends & following blogs!

 HAVE you ever read a book you thought you'd hate but loved? or vice versa?   
PLEASE DON'T THROW TOMATOES AT ME FOR WHAT I'M ABOUT TO ADMIT!!!!

       That Summer 
     Let's go with "vice versa" first. About two summers ago I started down my "summer lovin" phase. (This is when I realized that contemporary romacne was my favorite genre.) Basically that means just reading all the contemps I could while it was super hot and I could do so by the pool or on the beach. That of course made me want to finally read something by the queen of YA contemps, Sarah Dessen. With all the hype surrounding her I just new anything she wrote I would love it. I promptly downloaded That Summer from my library's Overdrive...... and was immediately disappointed. I had heard so much about it and it seemed so cookie cutter regular. She was a teen enjoying summer with a boy and a crazy sister. It seemed so cliche that I was surprised so many people said it sparked their love for her. I never reviewed it here because even though I finished listening to it, I didn't have much to say. 
The Madman's Daughter (The Madman's Daughter, #1)
     I wasn't supposed to like this series. I'm not a historical fiction buff and I am most certainly not a fan of sci-fi/fantasy. But I think I fell for this series because it was based on a classic that I had never read and after hearing about it wanted to be introduced to it. It seemed pretty good and people were talking non-stop about it so I just knew that I needed to at least give it a try. So I did.... And lo and behold I loved it. So weird how that worked out though. The main things I didn't care for is what made the story for me. 

What about you?!

Labels: