Beyond the Book: The Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West


This bookish feature is an original by me! I had the epiphany for this the other day when I was writing out my 15 bookish confessions. (See #7) A lot of times I like to go "beyond the book" and do something that will connect me with the book and characters a little more. It will pop up on Mondays! Be on the look out for which books caught my eye and made me go beyond just reading it! 

The Fill-In Boyfriend

"Okay, so what are your must-have road trip snacks? [...] something sweet is a must. But it has to be offset by something salty." [...] And then of course, I need some caffeine."
pg. 180 & 181

     When I first started reading this, I wasn't sure I would even make a Beyond the Book for this book. I mean most of it was only light and fluffy, but then I read this part and I thought it was super cute! I have this conversation with people all the time! Even though I knew how important it was, I didn't think anyone else did. There is a method to making the perfect snack for a road trip. It needs three components. One, something sweet. Two, something salty. Three, something caffeinated. The pictures below are what I used on the last road trip me and the boyfriend took to New Orleans! 

     My boyfriend always tries to switch it up, but I normally get the same thing all the time; some super sour candy or a pack of those Grandma's cookies, some jalapeno chips, and either a yellow Vitamin Water (that's the one with B12) or a Starbucks frappuccino!

     Add a book, and this makes for the perfect road trip for me! These snacks and a book it'll seem as if I'm just reading at home! My boyfriend hates my road trip reading because I'm supposed to be co-piloting, but I talk to him all the time. He gets boring sometimes lol Don't tell him I said that.
     I feel like this was the perfect Beyond the Book to do because I have a road trip that I'm going on this weekend and I am WAY SUPER EXCITED! If you haven't heard, I'm going to the Romantic Times Convention in Dallas, Tx with my mom and aunt! We're only going on Saturday but I CANNOT WAIT! Hopefully I will meet some bloggers and certain authors I've been trying to meet for a longgggg time! Anyone else out there going?

What snacks do you get for road trips? 
Do you follow the road trip snack rules? 
Or do you just grab anything? 

Have you ever had such a connection with a book that you had to go beyond just reading it? 
Join me on Mondays with Beyond the Book! 

Labels: