Books to Movies: The Fault in Our Stars


PG-13, 126 minutes
Release Date: June 6, 2014

     Two teens, both who have different cancer conditions, fall in love after meeting at a cancer support group. (From IMDb)

*MY THOUGHTS*

      When this movie first came out I couldn't watch it. A year earlier (in 2013) I had lost my aunt to breast cancer and then that October I lost my grandmother to ovarian cancer. After reading the book and knowing what happened, I needed to be able to know I wouldn't cry through the entire movie and would be able to actually enjoy it. So, now a year later, I was finally able to watch it. 
     After reading the book I couldn't write a real review. I had too many emotions swirling in my head. Seeing it on screen was just the same. I know it was inevitable based on the nature of the book, but Shailene Woodley's and Ansel Elgort's acting had a lot to do with it. I hate to say it, but they were so good at playing sick. It was so good. I think I enjoyed it more than the book. I cried in places other than I had in the book and I enjoyed every bit of it. 
     As for the story, it was very close to the book. Well from what I remember. I read it so long ago, that it was tough to remember everything, but the most important parts were there. And for that I appreciated it. I loved seeing their love for the book, the most romantic date in the history of ever that happened in Amsterdam, and the quotes I adored most from the book were there so I really loved it. 
     I can't tell you how much I loved this story. Both the book and the movie. Even now as I read this, I'm in a puddle of tears just thinking about it. Although this movie was so good, I probably won't watch it again. I'm not sure I can handle it. 
Overall, I give this

Labels: , , , , ,