Damage Done by Amanda Panitch

e-ARC, 304 pages
Release Date: July 21, 2015
Published by: Random House Books for Young Readers
Stand-alone
Source: NetGalley (This book was given to me by the publishers and Netgalley. This in no way shaped my opinion on the book. A huge thank you to both the publisher and Netgalley.)
For fans of: Thrillers, Realistic Fiction, Romance, Contemporary, Mystery, YA


     22 minutes separate Julia Vann’s before and after.
     Before: Julia had a twin brother, a boyfriend, and a best friend.
     After: She has a new identity, a new hometown, and memories of those twenty-two minutes that refuse to come into focus. At least, that’s what she tells the police.
     Now that she’s Lucy Black, she's able to begin again. She's even getting used to the empty bedroom where her brother should be. And her fresh start has attracted the attention of one of the hottest guys in school, a boy who will do anything to protect her. But when someone much more dangerous also takes notice, Lucy's forced to confront the dark secrets she thought were safely left behind.
     One thing is clear: The damage done can never be erased. It’s only just beginning. . . .

*MY THOUGHTS*

     Honestly, I wasn't prepared for this book. My initial thoughts upon finishing this were to write "Holy. Ish." as the review and leave it that way because OMG. But I had to pull myself together because I need everyone to know about this book and read it and love it and love it some more like I did. 
"I had him, I thought. I knew his type, the white knight. He wanted to save the princess, to kiss her awake after her bite of poisoned apple. [...] I couldn't be saved. I was beyond saving."
13%
     Before the moment that changed her life, Julia had a twin brother, a boyfriend, a best friend... Everything she needed to be complete as a teen girl. But then afterwards, she had to start completely over... Without any of those things. In a place where no one knows her. Until someone who does begins starts showing up in her life all over again.....
"Rotten dough would make for spoiled bread."
20%
     After I finished this, I was stunned. I won't go into plot to avoid spoilers, but I WILL say, this is another thriller where nothing is the way you thought it would be. In other words, the mystery was AMAZING. But with me being someone that LOVES thrillers (both on tv and in books) and LOVES trying to guess the motive and whodunit, I was able to catch who the culprit was. But as for the motive? Yeahhhh I was way off. I don't think anyone will guess the twist here. As far as the plot, there are a few slow moving spots, but those chapters are early on and then ended with more exciting things. It makes the beginning a little boring, but once the book gets started and you start understanding, you will be swept away.
"...you can't fix me I'm too far gone."
47%
     The romance in it was a little unbelievable though. But sense it wasn't the main part in the story, I wasn't too worried about it. There was just so much going on and there were hardly any questions asked. Everything was just done and then thought out later. It made for bad realistic fiction, but made for a great thriller. But even still, I really liked Michael. He was a sweetheart and so protective. 
"No one's ever too far gone."
47%
     This book starts slow but packs a mean punch at the end. Once you hit the 20% mark, be prepared to finish the book. This page-turner will have you staying up all night but constantly looking over your shoulders.
Overall, I give this
(Real rating 4.5 because I guessed who it was, but I still rounded up.)