TTT: Hyped Books I've Never Read!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
Top Ten Hyped Books I've Never Read

Hyped Books I DNF'ed (My black sheep list): 
Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes, #1)

1. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi: There was just too much going on in the book for me to really understand. Add to the fact that there were wayyyy too many worlds... It just wasn't my cup of tea. 

2. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi: Now this one embarrasses me a little bit. I tried no less than SEVEN times to read this. (This is NOT an exaggeration.) I thought maybe it was just me, so I tried renting the audio-book from my library, but I just could never finish it. 

3. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir: *ducks tomatoes* I know there are so many people out there that LOVED this book, but I just couldn't get into it. I'm not sure if it was the hype or what, but this just wasn't for me. *shrugs* I might try the audio-book since everyone says it's pretty good, but if I do, it'll be way down the way. 

Cruel Beauty
4. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge: *dodges tomatoes AGAIN* This is one I can't believe I DNF'ed. It was a Beauty and the Beast re-telling with a bit of fantasy going on. And then there are more fairy tales and more fantasy in the series so I was excited to hear that too. But when I started reading it..... I just couldn't get into it. 

Hyped Books I Just Never Got Around to:
Amy and Roger's Epic DetourShadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1)Scarlet (Scarlet, #1)

5. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: I told myself I would read this one before the end of the year, and I WILL DO IT. It's definitely something I would love and it's by an author that I love so I don't have any excuse as to why I've never read it. 

6. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: I won a signed copy of this during a Twitter giveaway and put it on my shelves. But one day I was cleaning my shelves and I opened it to the first page and couldn't put it down. But then my review pile grew and grew and I just put it away again. I WILL get back to it one day. 

7. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen: I think this book was most popular when I first started getting serious about blogging, so I added it to my TBR and said I would read it soon. But then I just never got around to it. 

Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1)

8. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers: I checked this out from the library once but then I just never read it. Now I own it as an ebook (because it was a BRICK) and I vow to get to it one day. 

9. Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas: I hate that I haven't read this one yet. I liked Throne of Glass and everyone says this one is better, so I will more than likely get to it when Bloomsbury does their ToG readalong. I will hop in when they read this one! 

10. The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas: I told myself I would read this one when the second one came out. And then when that one came out, I still hadn't read it. And then I decided to binge read the series  when the last one comes out, but yeahhhh I'm not sure where this one will fit in. I will read it ONE DAY SOON. 

*EXTRAS*
(Middle Grade hyped reads I haven't gotten to...) 

WonderThe Blood of Olympus (The Heroes of Olympus, #5)The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles, #1)

Wonder by R.J. Palacio: I love the concept of this book. I think because I can relate to it. 
My little sister has a mental defect and we get people who judge her all the time and it's cruel to see in real life so I definitely can read about it too. 

The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan: I think this one has a lot to do with my separation anxiety. I have only about 10% desire to read this. I have LOVED these characters for SOOOOOOO long and I'm not sure I can just give them away because I selfishly want to finish the series and see what happens. But that 10% that does want to read it is SO FREAKIN STRONG LMAOOOO

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan: I don't know why I haven't started this series yet. I own two copies of it, but I still haven't read it. I'm going to get to it soon as I finish The Blood of Olympus. I'm going to need more of Riordan's characters and writing style to get me through that loss. 

What hyped books have you not tried reading or DNF'ed? 

Labels: