TTT: Top Books Featuring Diversity I Haven't / Can't Wait to Read!

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the BookishEach week we will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join.   

This week's topic is:
Ten Books that Celebrate Diverse Characters
But, as a Diverse blogger, I celebrated this topic earlier this year here: Pick Your Own Topic on Diversity once. I'm gonna use this opportunity to do:
Ten Books Featuring Diversity I Haven't/Can't Wait to Read 


Featuring "Non-Twiggy" Characters-
Future PerfectDumplin'
1. Future Perfect by Jen Larsen: In almost EVERY YA book I've ever read, the main character is a jogger or someone that works out in another way and let me tell you, I didn't do any of that as a teen lmao I just worked out with band because I had to lol (Releases October 6, 2015)

2. Dumplin by Julie Murphy: Willow is in a beauty queen pageant as a "big" girl and I LOVE it. She feels so great at home in her own skin and I can't wait to read about her. Willow and her book are sitting on my bookshelf taunting me. I will have to read it SOON. (Releases September 15, 2015)

Featuring a Person of Color-
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)Pointe
3. Winter by Marissa Meyer: OF COURSE THIS BOOK MADE MY LIST. I'M ONE OF THE BIGGEST LUNAR CHRONICLES FANS ON THE PLANET. Add on to the fact that Winter is a POC and Winter has a freaking POC on the cover..... I'm in LOVE. (Releases November 10, 2015)

4. Pointe by Brandy Colbert: The main charcter is a POC and I am ALL OVER THAT. As someone that can classify as a "diverse blogger," I really love seeing all any POC book and want to read them ALL. (OUT NOW!)

"QUILTBAG"-
Everything Leads to YouNone of the Above
5. Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour: I've heard the swoonage in this one tops the charts. It's really weird that I haven't read this one because that's what I live for: Super Swoons! (OUT NOW!)

6. None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio: I was iffy about this one, but after it was released, I heard that there was so much I could learn from this book so I decided to add it to my TBR. And now I can't wait to get time to get to it! (OUT NOW)

Lies We Tell OurselvesWhat We Left Behind
7. Everything by Robin Talley: Lies We Tell Ourselves (OUT NOW) is about two chicks (one black and one white) back in the 50's who fall in love. FORBIDDEN LOVE!!! I loves it! The only reason I haven't read it yet, my mom still has my copy. As for What We Left Behind, (Releases October 27, 2015) this one opens a whole nother door for YA. This one features a gender queer character, and I can't wait to read it!

Illness:
WonderPerfect Escape
8. Wonder by R.J. Palacio: If you've visited my blog before, you know that illness is a hard one for me. My sister has one as do I and sometimes they just hit too close to home. But this is one I just can't wait to get to one day. I heard it's a tear jerker though so I need to get myself ready. (OUT NOW)

9. Perfect Escape by Jennifer Brown: The only reason I haven't read this one is because the main character has OCD. This is one of those books that are too close to home. I also have OCD and when this book was released I had a gut feeling I had it, but wasn't diagnosed with it yet. I think now that I've been diagnosed, it may be a little easier to read it. (OUT NOW)

Don't Touch
10. Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson: This is another one that basically hit too close to home before. She has anxiety and so do I. I just couldn't make myself read it. But again, now that I've been diagnosed, it should be a little easier to get through. (OUT NOW)

You can find other diverse reads that I've read this year here on my Challenges page!  

What diverse books are your favorites?!


Labels: